How To Shave Your Tarantula |22|

Start from the beginning

|| n i a l l ||

We sat about, waiting what felt like hours for the girls to finish getting ready. Not that I minded though, because Louis and I were in a heated Fifa match while Harry was knocked out, taking a catnap in the chair next to me. Even though I'd been around the bloke for the past three years, it still amazed me just how quickly he could fall into a rather deep sleep even when there was a bunch of ruckus surrounding him. Although it did take him quite some time to calm down after getting the idea of a titty war out of his head, thanks to his perverted imagination.

"What time's Payno gettin' in?" I asked, lazily stabbing the buttons on the controller as I started losing my mojo for the game; Louis was already beating my arse, so really there was no point in keeping up the competitive charade.

Louis paused the game briefly as he glanced around, searching for his phone which seemed to be wedged between the couch cushions. I smirked as he let out a groan of annoyance, obviously not spotting it as quickly as I had; while he was distracted, I quickly un-paused the game and went about my business, easily scoring a goal while he was still distracted. I began laughing as he sent me a death glare, the boy took his Fifa matches much too seriously. It wasn't healthy.

"To answer your question... he said he'd meet us there 'round 11, you filthy cheater," he muttered, sending me a lazy glare to match the half assed threat.

I put my hands up in surrender and glanced back at my phone, staring at the last text Channing had sent me nearly an hour ago. I hesitated as my fingers hovered over the keypad, nearly ready to demand she just come meet me; I really couldn't care less if she wore pajamas and bunny slippers to the damn club. Luckily, as soon as I was about to play the role of an annoying, smothering boyfriend, I heard the rattle of the front door, signaling that someone was trying to open it.

'T'ank you Lord," I mumbled under my breath as I glanced over my shoulder to see first Perrie, and then Jetta enter the room, both of their faces adorned with similar, devilish smirks. I swallowed thickly as I waited for Channing to appear but that's when I realized they were really trying to drag this out. Hell, I was already on the edge of my seat anytime I was around her; the fact that they were going to have her looking all dolled up was going to make keeping my hands to myself even more difficult than usual.

As she stepped through the door frame, her shoulders were a bit slumped in a self conscious gesture, but, being as that was one of her usual mannerisms, it made the sight before me even more familiarly endearing.  I nearly sighed in relief when I realized she really didn't look all that different; she was  wearing leather pants that rivaled Harry's in tightness, yet she was still able to pull them off with a completely comfortable vibe. I smiled at the sight of her Rolling Stones shirt, happy that Jetta hadn't tried to erase her style completely, but the shirt was altered a bit, the sides were cinched up in a flattering way, revealing just a peek of the creamy skin underneath with every subtle move she made. I suppose the biggest change was the make up and the slightly more styled look of her hair, although it still sat in soft waves just below her shoulders.

My eyes trailed back down her legs, appreciating once again how nicely the leather material seemed to cling to her like a second skin; once I reached her feet, my mouth almost fell open in disbelief. There, housing her feet, were a pair of sinfully red high heels, which lived up to their name and held her poor heels at least five inches off of the ratty welcome mat.

I felt a slap to the back of my head which immediately brought me to the realization that my mouth was, indeed, hanging open. I quickly snapped it shut and aimed a sideways glare towards a smirking Jetta who was trying to hold back her laughter at my reaction.

"She's looking hot, right Niall?" Jet teased, sticking out her tongue before ducking to hide behind Harry as I reached out to poke her in the side (which I knew she particularly hated.) And to answer her question, no, she really didn't look different. She still looked like my Channing... I just couldn't believe that Jet had actually gotten those monstrosities on her feet.

After sending her a very annoyed look, I started a bit as I felt a cool breath inching along the back of my neck. Turning slightly so that I could take a good look, I was brought face to face with Channing, and the sight before me was so beautifully nervous and self-conscious, I couldn't help but nearly pinch her cheeks.

"Is it too much?" she asked, her voice low so as not to be overheard by anyone else in the room.

"It's perfect, you're always perfect, whether ye' look like this," I whispered, motioning down her body, "Or even first t'ing in the mornin' when ye' wake up with a bird's nest on yer head," I joked, swiftly placing a light peck on her cherry red lips.

"Such a charmer," she laughed, rolling her eyes at my terrible, yet completely sincere compliment before using her finger to bop me lightly on the nose.

I was about to lean in and connect our lips once more, however, the moment was abruptly shattered as I felt lithe fingers tugging harshly on my ear, dragging me away from Channing, "Hey now! We worked hard on that face! You are not to slobber all over it until after we get to dance our cares away, got it?" Perrie asked with a playful glare as she released my ear; Jetta was definitely rubbing off on her. Poor Zayn.