Chapter Twelve: The Epic Card Battle!

Jason's POV
I walk into the living room to find Helena just staring at the TV which was off.
"Uh,Helena are you ok?" I asked confused snapping my fingers in her face. She turned to face me.

Helena's POV
"Jason, I'm bored." I said pouting.
"Well why are you staring at an off TV?" Jason asked. I shrugged.

Jason's POV
"Wanna talk about why you're down?" I said. She nodded. She scooched over on the couch and I sat down.
"When school started yesterday, people laughed because of my last name. Wayne. People think I'm just the product of one of my dad's flings." Helena explained looking at me.
"He doesn't have children with those women, there just a cover up." I explained to Helena.
"Really?" She asked looking at me.
"Yes." I said smiling at her.
"Anyway, could you play a game with me?" Helena asked. I hesitated but then thought about it. How could I say no? I may be mean but I'm still a human.
"Sure." I said nodding. I got out some cards from the bookshelf and we sat at a nearby table.
"What kind of card game do you want to play?" I asked shuffling the cards in the my hands. She thought for a moment.
"Poker."
"Poker? You know how to play Poker?" I asked. She nodded.

Helena's POV
"I looked up one day while I was waiting for mom to come home. Learned the rules and did a quick round in less than half an hour." I explained.
"Alright then," Jason said impressed, "let's play!"
"Yeah!" I said silently. Jason smirked at me. A couple minutes passed and Tim came in.

Tim's POV
"Yo!" I said to Jason and Helena before going towards the couch. I stopped and walked backwards to the small table where Jason and Helena were sitting down with cards?
"Uh? What are you...two doing?" I asked raising an eyebrow.
"Playing cards." They said in sync not taking their eyes off the cards.
"Mind if I play?" I asked smiling.
"Sure." Jason said shrugging.
"Great!" I said rubbing my hands and turning a chair over that was facing the wall. Everyone else suddenly came in.

Stephanie's POV
"Hi!"

Barbara's POV
"What's up?"

Dick's POV
"Wactha playn'?" I asked. "Cards." Helena said looking up at us. "Can we watch?" Steph asked. Before Jason could answer Helena spoke. "Yes." We all sat down then Cass came in.

Cassandra's POV
I came in the living room to see everyone sitting and Jason, Tim and Helena playing cards.
"Hey what's going on?" I asked.
"We're having an epic card battle!" Helena exclaimed smiling.
"Pause." Jason said looking up at me and kissing me.
"Show off!" Steph said scoffing. Tim went over and kissed her cheek as I sat down in a bean bag chair. Babs and Dick joined in on the fun and kissed too.
"Aw! Great! I'm a seventh wheel!" Helena exclaimed. We all laughed at her comment and then they continued playing.

~1 hour later~

Bruce's POV
I left my office to look at what all the commotion was all about. I looked in the living room to find Cassandra, Barbara, Dick and Stephanie looking at Jason, Helena and Tim very intently. "What are you doing?" I asked.
"Shh!!!!" They all shouted at me not moving their heads.
"Pause!" Stephanie shouted. She quickly sighed.
"They're playing cards and we're watching them. So far it's taken," she looks down at her watch,
"about an hour and so far...Helena is winning." Stephanie concludes looking at Jason, Tim and Helena's cards.
"Um...ok," I said blinking, "I'm off to meeting." No one said anything. My family is more eh...odd.

Tim's POV
Here it was the finale of our 1 hour card game!

Jason's POV
This was it. One fucking hour spending my time on these stupid-ass cards! Then again Helena wanted to play...

Helena's POV
This was the end of the epic card battle. Sad to see it come to a close... We just need to find out who the winner was.

Cassandra's POV
We waited- wait who was going to announce the winner? I thought.
"Cass, how about you announce the winner?" Babs said reading my mind. I nodded.
"Drumm rooooll!!!" Steph said dramatically. Everyone all began to hit any objects that were in reach, except for our three players of course.
"And the winner is..."

Author's Notes
Hello, Hola! Anyway who do you think the winner is gonna be?! Tell me in the comments! FYI sorry this took so long to upload! I had a volleyball camp all week from 9am-2pm and I simply forgot and was busy (one more day to go!!! It's really fun!). Anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter with Jason showing a softer side!
Byes!
BatgirlGeek❤️