A Knight in Gold

Aurora took a deep breath, trying to steady her heartbeat. The last thing she wanted was to have a panic attack. As she tried to relax, Aurora took in her surroundings. It looked just like any other wood, except for the group of four men headed her way. Aurora gulped as they approached her. They were running, but stopped upon seeing her. They eyed her up and down, making Aurora feel very exposed in her tight jeans and purple tank top.

"Well, well aren't you a pretty thing?" one of them said, his voice sickeningly sweet. All four took a step in toward Aurora. She knew that she should run, but since she didn't know where to go, it seemed pointless to try. When one of the men grabbed her, logic flew out the window and Aurora did the only thing she could think. She fought. Luckily for her, her brother had insisted on teaching her some basic self defense.  Using her free arm, Aurora slammed the heel of her hand into one man's nose, making him let go before turning to the next and stomping on his in-step.

"You little bitch," the first man cried lunging for her. She side stepped and brought her knee up into his stomach and then his face. The fourth man grabbed her from behind as the other three got up and lunged at her. Aurora was kicking and struggling as best she could against the four men. One had just grabbed her legs when suddenly a voice shouted, "What is the meaning of this?" Aurora's attackers stopped what they were doing to look at the owner of the voice.

"It's Ser Jaime Lannister!" one cried. Suddenly, Aurora found herself being dropped to the hard ground. "Ow," she complained before getting up and dusting herself off and picking her bag up again. The owner of the voice, Ser Jaime, looked the men over, two of which were now sporting black eyes. Ser Jaime dismounted his horse and walked over to the small group, a few other men at his heels. Aurora looked them over in their armor of white, except for Ser Jaime who was wearing gold. She assumed they were all knights. So far, they had not noticed her.

Ser Jaime studied the faces of the four men and chuckled. "What happened to your face?" he asked. The men turned to look at Aurora, but said nothing. She muttered a few swears under her breath. Ser Jaime flicked his green eyes over to her. He scanned her body, but not in the same way her attackers had. His gaze was more out of curiosity than lust. Aurora studied his face and took note of his strong jaw. "And who are you?" he asked her, bringing his eyes back up to hers.

Aurora bit her lip and replied, "My name is Aurora." He arched a brow. "Aurora? From what House?" Aurora cocked her head in confusion. House? What was he talking about? She took a deep breath and said, "Look, I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't even know where I am!" The knight's eyebrow arched. "You are outside the city of King's Landing," he told her, as if it was obvious. Aurora sighed again. "That's great, except for the fact that I have no idea where that is. I must be dreaming," she muttered the last part, but he heard her anyway.

"You are not dreaming." He took a step closer, causing Aurora to take a step back until her back hit a tree. He narrowed his eyes at her, but then his lips upturned into a smile. "You are a pretty one, aren't you? Since you are clearly...disturbed, I shall have to take you to see the king." Aurora cringed away from his outstretched hand. "I do not intend to harm you...Aurora, was it?" She nodded and looked into his green eyes. For some reason, she felt more at ease and pushed off the tree to follow the knight in gold.

Aurora followed Ser Jaime to his horse, where she stopped short. She'd never ridden a horse before. Ser Jaime sighed and walked back over to her. "Don't worry. He's gentle," he told her before carefully taking her hand. He lead her over to the horse and let her pet the animal for a moment. Then, he quickly put his hands on her waist and lifted her onto the horse, bag and all. He climbed on behind her and grabbed the reins. He urged the horse to turn around and head into the city where Aurora's fate would be decided.

(a/n: I'm already working on Chapter Three and, if all goes well, I'll have it up by tomorrow!)