30: Demons Begone

Start from the beginning

"Yep. The Catacombs."

I looked around. "So which one of you has the blood?"

Dean held up the vial. "I'll do it."

He opened the vial and pored a bit of the red mixture onto his fingers. Then, approaching the Gate, he painted the sigil. First a circle, then the strange symbols inside, then the outer circle and outer symbols.

When he was finished. A huge blue next encased the Devil's Gate. A few seconds later, a billow of black smoke came rushing towards us.

I threw myself on top of Gail. "Dean! Get down!" He did.

The smoke raced over our heads, barely missing. It was pulled into the Gate. When the smoke was all gone, bricks started to fly into the net, sealing everything.

We had done it.

I got up, breathing hard. "Everyone okay?" I asked.

Gail nodded. Dean said, "Yep."

"Cool. We only got 7 more to do." I grabbed their hands and teleported to our next location.

After our 7 other gates, Dean, Gail, and I arrived in Calvery Cemetery. Gabriel and Sam were already there.

"Kei, help me. I've been subject to his endless tickling and lollipops!" Sam yelped.

What I would have given to see Sam being tickled by Gabriel.

"It can't be that bad, Sammy." Dean chuckled

"It's that bad." Sam protested.

Cas, Kyle, and Bobby appeared. Kyle was holding the vial, his hands almost white.

"We had a close call," Cas explained.

"I very, very close call," Bobby put in.

Kyle nodded in agreement.

"So when are we doing this one?" Sam asked.

I gave him a quizzical look.

"The Gate, I mean."

I shrugged.

"Moose, why is it always you saying the innuendos?"

I turned around. It was Crowley. And not just him.

His demon army too.

Gabriel drew his archangel blade. Cas followed with his, Dean and Sam with their knives, and Bobby with a stolen angel blade.

Gail, Kyle, and I had no weapons. Crap.

"Well, well, the dream team's been busy." Crowley said. "Fixing my Gates, how rude."

"Back off, Crowley." Gabriel warned.

"Or what, archangel? You'll smite me?" He smirked.

"I'll do a lot worse than smite you."

"Try it. I've got an army ready to avenge me if necessary."

The pounding in my ears was back. Kill him. It yelled. Kill him! I tried to remain calm; no need for anyone to know that I was dying on the inside.

Nope. It was too strong. "Give me the blood." I told Gabriel between clenched teeth. He gave me a concerned look but said nothing while handing over the vial.

"Don't take another step, Keistelle, or I will be forced to set my forces upon you." Crowley warned.

"Bite me." I took Kyle and Gail's hands and ran towards the Gate. Behind me, Crowley gave a hearty roar and his army descended.

Five people against hundreds of demons should have been a quick fight, but we had two angels and three of the best hunters in the world on our side. As I splashed blood over Kyle's fingers, I heard the battle raging. Kyle took his bloodied fingers and began to draw the sigil. The circle, the symbols, the outer circle and outer symbols.

But his circle was more of an oval. The sigil was useless.

I pushed Kyle aside. Smearing the useless blood on my fingers, I concentrated on everything solid, trying to mimic that. Bricks, trees, people, roads, everything. I felt a little spark, like a rock hitting me in the back. It could have been shrapnel from the battle, but I took it as a sign that I was solid.

I pressed my fingers to the Gate. Miraculously, they didn't go through. I painted the sigil, tuning out the horrendous sounds of battle behind me. I could hear demons being stabbed, Sam yelling as he fought one, Bobby cursing as he was wounded. Everything left out the other ear.

It was just me and the blood.

I painted and painted, drawing circles and symbols in blood. Gail and Kyle were cowering against the Gate next to me, but I paid them no mind. Finally, I was done. The sigil glowed, then the familiar blue net covered the gaping hole of the Gate.

The battle ceased. Demonic smoke flew out of the demon's mouths, flying towards the Gate. I pushed Gail and Kyle to the ground, and followed onto my stomach. The smoke rushed over our heads, a deafening roar.

I looked up in time to see Crowley's redder smoke fly into the Gate. When all the demons were in the Gate, bricks flew up from the ground to block them from escaping.

I let out a deep breath. We had done it.

Gabe, Cas, Sam, Dean, and Bobby ran over to us. Gabriel had a nasty gash in his arm and Cas was bloodied in the face. Sam's clothes were torn beyond repair, and Dean had a nasty limp. Bobby had a bloody nose and blood all over his clothes.

Something inside me lurched. My mission was done, Crowley gone--for now, and the Apocalypse done. I felt myself flicker.

"Goodbye, guys." I whispered.

Then I flickered out of existence.

Wow. I can't believe I just did that. What a finish. Wow. I can't believe it's over.

As always, thanks for reading. If you enjoyed, please vote and comment because that would be fabulous.

Also, that subtle Destiel and Sabriel back at the beginning of the chapter. :)