"What party?"

"The one Brian is throwing. I mean your pretty popular I would expect you to be there."

I face palmed myself.

"Damn that's tonight?"

She nodded her head.

"Man I really wanted to go but I'm stuck watching these kids. "

She shrugged her shoulders. "So leave them. There like what 14 15? There good. We can go together."

"For real?"

"Yeah. But umm your not going to go like that are you?"She said referring to the old shirt and basketball shorts.

"Nah let me go upstairs real quick and change." I jogged up the stairs to Craig and Jermaine's room.

I duh through some of Craig's drawers and got some jeans and a shirt. I put them on with a gold chain (Also not mine) then sprayed my body with cologne.

"I look good." Complementing myself in the mirror.

I went back down in the den. "Hey guys. I'm going to a party i'll see y'all later. And you three BETTER not get all touchy."

I mean mugged those little boys. They were sitting across the girls for now but I know what happens when they're alone.

"Man get out. You act like we weren't in the same school 2 years ago." Tanisha said sucking her teeth.

"Yeah whatever. " I walked out to the front of the house where Cassandra was waiting in her car.

"You look good. I see that looks run in the family."

"Well you know how it is." I said rubbing my chin.

"Sure sweetie."

Amber

I really don't need a boyfriend I'm perfectly happy by myself.

"Hey y'all." Adrian announced walking in with two of his friends.

"This is Jay and Brandon."
He said pointing to two of his friends.

"Hey." They said waving at us.

"Where can we put our bags babe?" Adrian said going over to Cozette.

She pointed to where they could rest them and after that everyone was just talking to each other from two different couches. i wasnt really in the mood more conversing so i started twiddling my fingers. I felt stares so i glanced up only to make eye contact with Brandon. He winked at me and silently chuckled.

Oh god he's cute.

He opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by Travis bursting through the door. I was too busy trying not to blush as Brandon made flirtatious looks at me. As soon as the door shut he got up and sat next to me.

"So whats your name?" He asked smiling at me.

"Amber." I said rubbing my arm. It diesnt matter how many boys I talk to Im always shy at first.

"Well your really pretty Amber. Are you mixed?"

"Ha yeah. Im black and Mexican thats why my hair is a little confused." I giggled touching it.

"Cool. Cool. So how do you know Cozette?"

"We go way back but our older brothers know each other. Actually of of our older brothers know each other." I said smiling

He scoffed."Older brother huh? Should I be scared." He said joking around.

"Yes. Yes you should." I said with not one hint of a smile on my face "Very Very scared."