Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

I was about to knock when I stopped and just looked at the door. After I did what I did how could I be worth them? I was about to walk away when Marcus came up behind me. "Just coming home Marcus?" I asked.

"I could ask the same of you, or where you just leaving?"

"Both."

"Come on in, I am sure dad has something to eat ready."

"I don't know if I should..."

"You did something didn't you? You are acting strangely."

"Yes, but it does not concern you."

"It was the witches, wasn't it? I overheard you and dad talking about them."

"Hmmm...." I really didn't know what to say.

"You did what you needed to do is all. Don't feel too bad." Marcus went and opened the door. "Come on in, dad will be wanting to see both of us."

I sighed but followed him in. "I don't know I am sure your father is quite mad at me."

"There you two are! Marcus, I thought you were going to stay over at Chris's?" Theodore asked as we walked into the living room.

"I am. I just came home to eat something and grab a few games then back over to Chris's." Marcus said walking into to the kitchen. He left us alone, but before we could say anything he was walking out of the kitchen with a bag of sandwiches and both Theodore and I watched as he walked upstairs and come running back down with his backpack. "Well see you later." He yelled as he walked out of the door.

I looked at Theodore, and he had some clear images coming though, but I knew we would have to talk. "Theodore..."

"Look, let's go sit down and talk." He came up and grabbed my hand and his smell, which hit me like a ton a bricks when I walked in just threw me though a loop, and at the moment I knew I should have hunted after the battle.

"Yessss..." it came out as a hiss. I could feel my fangs descend and it took every ounce of my willpower not to go for his blood, and I was afraid I was going to lose. "Theodore..." My voice was weak and my words coming out in a hiss.

He turned to look at me. "Kat, what is wrong?" I could see the image of myself in his head. My fangs out, I was starting to crouch, and my pupils were just slits in a field of a dark pink color.

"Too close... back away..." I tried to get out that he needed to put some distance between us.

Instead he started to come closer; he tried to pull me into his arms. "Kat, is this about the witches?"

"Nooo..." I was weakening, I knew if I went into his arms it would be a millisecond before my teeth were in his neck. And I didn't want to fight it, so I didn't. As soon as I allowed myself to fall into his arms, I turned my head, my teeth scraping his neck. I took the opportunity to bite him.

The first drops were so perfect, the taste was better than the smell. I wasn't going to be able to stop, and then his voice penetrated my mind. "Kat..."

I pushed him away but I knew I had gone too far. I never planned to turn him tonight. But I took a bite from my wrist and stuck it to his mouth. "Drink." I knew as soon he did because I felt the burn through his thoughts. And I just held him. It took forty five minutes for the burn to kill him. And now I knew the three day wait as upon us. And I didn't know how to tell Marcus. But I knew we would have to leave before the three days were up.