Chapter Six

Chapter Six

"MOM!" Marcus was screaming. I was at his bedside before Theodore knew what was happening.

"Marcus, wake up!" I was worried about the images I was seeing in his dreams, his originally turning, his death, his bride's death. I lived those moments, he had lived those moments. Now we were living them again. I had to wake him up. "Marcus, WAKE UP!"

It took five more minutes to get Marcus to wake up, of course Theodore was on the other side of the bed, not really knowing what to do; his son had never had nightmares.

"What... Kat! You were there, you were hurt! They killed her! They killed him! What is going on? They weren't human!" Theodore was confused, I picked up on that without really trying, but I wasn't. I knew the images he got were of the past.

"Marcus you just had a bad dream." Theodore stated, checking his son for a fever. "Slow down, do you remember what it was about?"

Marcus looked right into my eyes, and I knew he could see though my spell. He was seeing my reddish, pinkish eyes. My son's power was to see though lies, and to view the future, I knew one of his powers was coming to light. And at that moment I knew he was close to knowing, he was fuzzy on the dream now, but he knew I was there in the past with this young man who had looked like him. He looked at my eyes, remembered the things he had seen, and then turned toward his dad. "No, I don't really remember what it was about. Dad, can you get me a drink of water?" Theodore left confused about many things. "You where there, you are something else you aren't human!"

"Marcus, what is it you think I am?" I was either going to have to tell him or I was going to have to play with his mind again. Neither was a good option. I was leaning toward just telling the both of them after all he was starting to see though my lies, my spells. Theodore was pulling strings on my heart I never knew I had, and Marcus was starting to remember his past, it was too soon. I waited two thousand years and I was thinking it was too soon, God did not.

"Don't make me say it; I don't really want it to be true. That would mean you are evil!" Marcus knew the word, vampire.

"Marcus, I swear to God I am not evil, I have done bad things, but for the last two thousand years I haven't done a thing the God would hate me for against humans, against vampires, only when needed. Yes, I am a vampire; I have been for almost six thousand years." I was just going to tell him, let him know the truth. I would have to tell Theodore as well, he was going to break my heart. "I have killed people, I have done some horrible things, but things change, I changed. I lost all those who I loved, I was shown the errors I had done, and choose a different path then the one I was leading. I am going to make up for the things I have done."

"You are Wiccan, I heard the title in my dream, some guy with red eyes called Rae a filthy Wiccan?" Marcus was confused now, vampires are evil it is common knowledge, they couldn't be out during the day, but Kat was, they couldn't be good, but Kat had never caused them harm but of course it is also common knowledge that they are a myth.

"I am not, I am Catholic if you want me to put a name on my faith, I even spent some time inside the Vatican, I wasn't even religious until my son and I had met someone, she showed us a different path, and he chose her way of life, I chose another after witnessing the birth of Christ, soon after meeting her." I would tell him what I was but to tell him his own past at a quarter to five in the morning was not going to happen. "You can't tell anybody about what I am. If you want me to leave I will and never return, but the choice is going to be yours. I will tell you everything at another time, please wait until you hear everything."