Chapter Nine

Theodore just sat there, I didn't try to get in to his thoughts, but it was hard not to see the image I placed there. I was wild, red glowing eyes, my fangs showing, my attack and murder of my best friend turned enemy.

"Kat, what was your real name?" Theodore's question shocked me, I had heard his heart pick up, I had smelled the fear, but his heart was returning to normal and he just asks a simple question.

I was so shocked I just simply answered. "My name was, is, Katyla, daughter of Johan, High Priestess of Atlantis."

"High Priestess? Atlantis?" Theodore was shocked.

"Yes, I was a ruler. As my father and his mother before him, I did not lie about my mother dying in childbirth, or the age I was, my father taught me everything I was his only heir. There use to be another part of my name when I was introduced while I was human it was Katyla, daughter of Johan, wife of Triremes, High Priestess of Atlantis, I removed the wife part after I killed myself. The way we became to be, was my fault."

"But Atlantis, the real Atlantis, the myth?"

"Yes, we were becoming to advanced and if they kept that rate of advancement up, well it would have ended in war, and people were becoming to corrupt. So they destroyed themselves. The call to do so was made by my sixth cousin. Who took over leadership four hundred and seventy five years after I died; he made the right choice, it would have been the same I had made if I was in his shoes. So Atlantis, my home, became nothing but a myth, the land that it once stood on, was torn down by the last invention that I had made, I had hid the plans, it would cause a disaster so great it would kill whatever was in a hundred and thirty seven mile radius, the exact radius of our island. My cousin built it and set it off with a remote, as he rowed from the island the last living soul to leave. I left moments before the blast, I needed to come and say good bye and to collect my hidden books and plans. He only found the plans because I left it in my old desk for my family to find. I knew what was going to come what was going to happen, it was Marcus's first vision, he was only a child, right after I turned, he was just two, so I waited and snuck back to the island and placed it in my desk that my cousin's wife was using. I have everything but those plans, that device should never be built again, it would destroy this world. I made sure that the device destroyed itself and the whole island and everything we had every written everything we had ever discovered, most went over to Egypt after all they were very advanced, or to what is now Central America, with the Mayans and the Aztecs. The only proof we ever existed are my journals and my work from my human life, and those will never see the light of day."

"Sorry Kat, but the REAL ATLANTIS, you were the ruler of a mythical country?"

"It is only mythical because of the lack of evidence we existed. But yes I was born into royalty. My father died when I was thirteen I took control, I married soon afterwards just before I turned fourteen, and my husband was twenty. I had Marcus when I was fifteen. After that my husband and I had separate rooms, I had my heir that was all I needed so I turned a blind eye to his affairs. I did not love him; he was the warrior of our community, similar to the top general in the military, so it was a marriage of convenience. When I was seventeen I died, and now my soul is stuck on this planet, I came back as a monster that can not die. Now vampires existed long before me, but we are a different breed, the original vampires, turn human only during the winter months they feed and kill then hibernate until the next winter. There are many branches of vampires, our branch was created by me, by mixing of blood both human, bat, and unknown." During this whole story Theodore just sits and listens, I see a range of emotions flash across his face from disgust to confusing to what I would guess as acceptance. "Anyways in the end I changed the person who once was my best friend and now we are enemies."