Part 1 - Prologue

AN

(Once again) The picture above has all the characters names and their Ultimate abilities. I've got a shortened introduction so if you've seen DR2, you can skip to the actual dialogue beginning if you'd like :)) ~ Enjoy!

???:

That day... it wasn't just a typical day for me. It was a day that felt truly significant. Today, I was standing before the school of my dreams.

'Hope's Peak Academy'. A government-funded school for the best students in every single field imaginable. Because of this, these students are known as 'Ultimate' students.

There are two criteria you must meet to attend this school;

One, you must be a current high school student.

Two, you must be the very best at what you do.

The only way to get in is if the school scouts you as there are no entrance exams. Despite these criteria, my situation is a little different, but that's not important right now.

Anyways, my name is Hajime Hinata. There's only one reason I came to Hope's Peak Academy and that's because I admired Hope's Peak. Going here has always been a dream of mine so that I can become someone I can b3 pr0ud of.

F0r that reason alone, I always want3d to-

F0r that r3a50n alon3, I al-ays-

always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always always...

???:

Hey...

Can you hear me...?

Are you okay?

Hajime Hinata:

Huh? What's going on?

???:

Hey? You seem pretty out of it. But, can you remember my name at least?

Hajime Hinata:

Ah... Nagito, right?

Nagito Komaeda:

Ah I'm so glad you remembered! That makes me happy!

So perhaps... you even remember my talent then?

Hajime Hinata:

U-Um y-yeah. You're the Ultimate Lucky Student, right?

Nagito Komaeda:

Wow! That makes me truly joyful!

I was really worried because you collapsed suddenly. Are you feeling okay now?

Hajime Hinata:

Hm. He seems really happy for barely any reason at all but even so...

A-Ah yeah, I'm fine now. Thanks Nagito.

I guess I got overwhelmed by the sudden appearance of a moving, talking, dancing, stuffed animal. After all, we literally appeared on a tropical island after the walls in the classroom we were in fell down around us after we were meant to start at Hope's Peak...

I smiled at him after my slight rant. Despite the fact that the situation we're in totally defied logic, I felt slightly comforted that at least *Nagito* waited behind for me.

Nagito Komaeda:

Shall we go then?

Hajime Hinata: