Chapter 1

First chapter! Please let me know what you think, I love all your witty comments. :))

XOXO Nina

~*~

Antonia

"Will you stop making out with your pillow and get out of bed for god's sake?"

I blinked, shut my eyes, then blinked again. I yawned. Then I managed to fully open both eyes and keep them that way.

My older brother, Nathan was stood in the door frame of my bedroom, looking impatient. Groaning, I rolled over and let my head fall back on my pillow.

Nathan walked over to my bed and before I could muster the strength to stop him he pulled my duvet away. "You can have this back when you're dressed." he said as he left my room with my duvet.

I slowly pushed myself up and fell out of bed doing so, "Nathan! My butt hurts!" No reaction, no mercy.

Two can play at that game.

When I was dressed I waited in my room until Nathan came back upstairs with my duvet. I was standing behind my door, ready for my revenge. "An?" he asked, "You in the bathroom?"

He set a foot in room, then another and that was the moment I jumped out from my hiding space and shouted; "Boo!" Nathan staggered backwards, "God, I'm glad I don't live here anymore." he chuckled, slightly out of breath. "Well that's what you get from stealing stuff from others." I pointed out, taking my duvet back and throwing it on my bed, not bothering to make it look neat.

Meet my older brother Nathan, Nay for short. He's my best friend, my only one actually. Yes, I have a twin sister called Ella, but we don't really get along. I have internet friends all over the world, but I haven't met any of them. Nathan is the only one I can have fun with like this.

"Mum made pancakes." Nathan told me as he turned around, heading towards the stairs.

Ah yes, pancakes, the "Oh I'm so proud of my son and now he's back for the weekend I'll make his siblings wish they were him"-breakfast.

That was harsh, my mother probably doesn't think that way about Ella and me. Well, at least not about Ella. Nathan is her favourite though, that's clear. She quite likes Ella, but my theory is that she wishes she never had twins, that she had just had Ella. That's fine, I've learnt to live with it. After one and a half years I won't have to anymore and I'll move out.

The smell of pancakes hit as soon as I entered the kitchen. In that moment it didn't matter that they were technically only for my perfect older brother, pancakes always made me happy as long I was able to eat at least one.

My father sat at the table, reading over the sports column in the newspaper. He quickly looked up as Nathan and I walked into the room, "Morning."

"Good morning." we replied in unison. Our father then returned to his paper as we sat down. Ella wasn't sitting at the table, she still must have been in bed. Nay and I gobbled down everything our mother put on the table.

"Leave some for your sister." she commented when we had had about four or five pancakes each. We took that as a hint and left the kitchen, but not before we had had some coffee. There was no way I was going anywhere without a cup of coffee after such a cruel awakening.

About twenty minutes later I was sat in Nathan's car that was headed towards the nearest city so we could go to the cinema.

"I'm going back tonight." Nathan said, breaking the silence. "I know." I replied.

Nay was attending university in London where he was studying music management. He was only able to come home in the weekends, so therefore I only had my best friend two out of seven days.

"But this time I won't be able to come home soon, the next one or two weekends at least are very hectic. There are lots of projects, there's work experience to do and exams to study for."

It's not like I didn't understand, because I did. I just hoped it wasn't this way.

"An, I know you don't really have any friends."

"I do." I argued.

"In this case internet friends don't really count, you can't hang out with them. Please, do one thing for me," he said, "Try to make some more friends."

"You know that's impossible! They're all snobs. They hate me before they meet me."

"Okay, don't get me wrong," Nathan carefully started, "I love how dedicated you are to your bands and you know I think your hair's amazing, but other people might not."

I reached up and held on to my purple locks. I was well aware of everything he just said, but quite frankly, I just didn't care about what people thought.

"Nathan, you don't get it. I don't want to have to change to be able to make friends. What I do want are friends that like the same music or at least have the interests as me. If I keep wearing my band shirts that might happen. And I don't care if my purple hair is intimidating or whatever, I love it, so I'm gonna keep it."

"Okay," Nathan said, "I was just trying to help."

I realised that I might have hurt his feelings, but I didn't apologise. For two reasons.

One, I didn't have to as he had practically told me to change or I'd be alone, which was insulting. And two, I had never been good with words and saying what I felt or had on my mind, including apologies.

A moment later it seemed like he had forgotten our whole conversation as we drove the car into the cinema's car park.

I reached over to turn off the music before we both got out of the car.