Chapter 7

Liam's POV

I was leaving Aria's hospital room to get something to eat as I skipped lunch and dinner.  That's when my phone buzzed.  It was a photo message from an unknown number.  Weird, I don't get those very often.  I was about to ignore it and delete the message when I realized the picture looked like some sort of file.  More like a birth certificate actually.

Out of pure curiosity, I opened the message.

Certificate of Birth
Full Name: Harper Lee Greene

So many questions rushed through my head at that very moment.  Like 'who had Harper's birth certificate?' And 'why don't I have their number?'

But the biggest, most important question that stuck in my head was,

'Why is Ezra Fitz's name on this certificate?'

The message was signed,

You're welcome,
-A

Who is A?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emily's POV

You know that's not what I meant.  I'll just have to take care of this on my own.  This was your punishment, don't upset me again.
-Kisses A

As I read Spencer's text aloud, she started to cry harder than she was a second ago, still clinging to the body of her dead sister.

Hanna rushed to Spencer's side, trying to calm down the woman that was nearly drowning herself in her tears.  Ali is attached to me, nearly in tears herself.

Hanna's comforting words started coming slower as the hotel security arrived.

All four of us stood up and turned around as five security officers arrived.  They were all surprised at the scene before them, but they remained composed and led us out of the hotel room and into the hallway to wait for the police to arrive.

After a short while full of tears from Spencer and attempted comforting words from all of us, the police arrived.  As soon as they took in the scene in front of them, they immediately called an ambulance and relieved the hotel officers to get back to what they were doing before this incident.

Once the ambulance got here and took Melissa away, the four policemen gathered us four girls around and tried to cheer up the devastated young woman after the disturbing experience that she just endured.

The biggest, most serious of the policemen, Officer Callahan, spoke first.

"I'm sorry you went through that," he said, "it's very traumatizing seeing something like that, especially if it's someone you know personally that has deceased."

The only female officer added, "but we do have to take you all down to the station so you can speak to a few of our detectives."

"I'm not sure Spence is ready for that yet," Alison said, "Melissa was her older sister."

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Spencer," Officer Callahan stated, "I don't think you should answer any questions on the topic in the state you're in either, so I'm sure the hotel will give you another room for the night."

Spencer is crying into Hanna's shoulder when she nods, trying to indicate that it's a good idea and she'll answer all the questions tomorrow.

"That will work, we'll talk to you tomorrow," I conclude.

"Okay, perfect," the female officer notes, "I'm sure the hotel knows of this by now, but just incase, we'll inform them and get a new room for you."

"Thank you."

"Anytime," she finishes.

The police lead us to the lobby go get a new key for a new room and escort us to Spencer's new room.

Once we had all reached Spencer's new room, the police said their goodbyes and reminded us once more to be at the station tomorrow morning.

Once the police left, we decided that we would discuss all of this tomorrow and that Spencer shouldn't be alone tonight.  We thought that the room wasn't big enough for all four of us , so Hanna stayed with Spence, while Ali and I went back to my room.

After we were sure that Hanna and Spencer were settled and alright, we head back to our room.

After a good ten minutes of walking in silence, Ali spoke up.

"I don't understand...Spencer told Liam about Harper, right?"

"I think so; she said she did, at least."

"Then why did A's text say 'that's not what I meant?'"

"I don't know, Ali," I answer as we enter our hotel room, "we'll talk about this tomorrow."

We went straight back to bed, too tired to even change clothes.

Ali snuggled up to me and I sighed, "we'll figure this all out tomorrow, Ali.  Let's just go to sleep."

"Alright, goodnight, Em."

"Goodnight, babe."

And with that we drifted off to sleep.

A/N
Okay, I'm sorry it took so long..
I've had some terrible writers  block lately,
so I'm sorry if that⬆️was terrible.
Thanks for reading❤️
-pllfanatic14