(11) The Plan

"Yes his driving was awful!" I laugh and look towards Elle. Currently were clutching our schoolbooks as we walk towards the cafeteria.

"Lex, he offered to drive you home." Elle grins, "How sweet." She stretches out the word teasingly.

I glare at her, "I'd prefer not to get any closer to him."

Elle chuckles.

"Where were you anyways?" I raise an eyebrow, "Elodie was cool and all but I didn't ask to be babysitting her brother as well."

"I was visiting with a friend."

"Oooooooooooo." I smirk.

"Not that way!" She slaps my arm, laughing, "Okay, maybe that way, just a little but I'm sure he doesn't feel the same anyways."

"Elle, are you stupid? He'd be fracking insane if he didn't like you. What's his name?"

"Confidential." She teases.

I crack my knuckles, "I'll find out sooner or later, you'll see."

-

Lunch passes pretty quickly, well as quickly as a lunch with Jared, Parker, Elle, and Mason can go. It's always something different with them.

"Hey Lexa, wait up." A voice calls.

I turn around and see a smiling Jared, "Hey you, what's up?"

"Hey, I was wondering if you could heal me with something." He runs his hand through his hair.

"Hmm, and what would that be? I don't give out blow jobs for free you kno-"

He immediately shoves his hand over my mouth, shushing me, but even then he wears a grin and can't help but laugh, "I can't take you anywhere."

I lick his palm and he pulls his hand back and proceeds to wipe it all over my sweatshirt sleeve, "Thank you for that. Thanks much." He rolls his eyes.

The bell rings, and I roll my weight into one foot impatiently, "Spit it out Jared, I have to go all the way to the freshman hall so I can stop at my locker."

He shakes his head, "Honestly Lex, how they found a way to keep you so far from the senior wing literally amazes me."

I raise an eyebrow, "Is this a begging for help session or a lets shit talk Lexa one?"

"Fine. Meet me by my locker at the end of the day and I'll bring you home and then we can talk."

"Ugh wait, I think I'm helping my mom with something tonight." I glance at my phone.

"You fricking liar, I'll make a detour to Starbucks and buy you a caramel frap if you can get out of your help."

"My mom won't be too mad if I cancel, I guess." I try to keep a straight face.

He chuckles, "Figured."

I twist a strand of my hair, "And however could you tell that, most utmost, bestest physic mind reader type person?" I ask sarcastically.

He laughs, "See you at three!"

-

The rest of the day passes in short terms of waiting and excitement. Mostly waiting. But I guess that's how life is.