Chapter 11: Final Chapter

Sorry, this took way too long.

"I can't believe it's summer already," Lucy sighed. Her normally neat blonde hair was picked up in a sloppy ponytail. She dragged her feet on the concrete sidewalk. Lucy lacked any makeup on her face, and her usual cute boots were replaced with old flip flops. It was too hot to try to look pretty.
Natsu however, seemed entirely unbothered by the heat. He had his scarf wrapped around his neck as usual. They were getting odd looks because of it.
The two of them were walking to Natsu's dorm after the last class of the year. The stupid pink haired boy wanted to go to Lucy's place but she refused, saying it was too hot to walk all the way over there.
"Oi Lucy, if I gave you a another piggy back ride would you stop making that ugly face?"
"WHAT UGLY FACE!?"
"The one you make when you're grumpy..... It just got uglier," Natsu informed her.
"GAAAAHH WHY DO I EVEN TALK TO YOU?! MUCH LESS DATE YOU!? NOW MOVE! ITS TOO HOT TO BE YELLING AT YOU OUT HERE!" Lucy grabbed his hand and yanked him away, ignoring the usual flutter in her stomach when they make contact. Dating didn't seem to make it go away.
Maybe I am weird like Natsu says, she thought rolling her eyes.
Little did she know Natsu had the same reaction.

"So what are we even gonna do here?" Natsu asked scratching his head.
"We're going to play Mario Kart, and you're going to get obliterated," said Lucy.
"Awwww but I wanna play Super Smash Bros," Natsu whined.
"Hush," Lucy told him, "you always beat me and that and I want to win today."
"Hey that's no fair!"
"Do I have to make it fair?" Lucy growled raising a shaking first. Natsu yelped and shook his head quickly. Even Natsu was smart enough to know when his life was on the line.
They played Mario Kart.
Lucy won every time.
"I don't even understand how this is possible," Natsu whined, "I mean shouldn't a blue turtle shell hit you at least once in fifteen races? This is breaking the rules of probability."
Lucy snorted, "What do you know of the rules of probability? Besides, I'm just a beast at Mario Kart. Accept it. Your life will be easier."
"But Lucyyyyy, this is totally unfair. Every time I was in first I would have a blue turtle shell hit me right before I crossed the finish line!"
"Boo hoo, so sad. I pity you," said Lucy dryly.
Natsu pouted and Lucy crossed the finish line in first place. Again.
Natsu who was close behind in second, got hit by the blue turtle shell that was originally coming for Lucy, and ended up in fifth.
"DID YOU SEE THAT?!" Natsu roared shooting to his feet in an instant, "DID YOU FUCKING SEE THAT?!"
Lucy was laughing so hard she couldn't breathe.
"Oh my god Natsu," Lucy said still cracking up, "You have the absolute worst luck in this game."
"MARIO KART! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!" Natsu screamed, jumping up to attack the TV.
"Nastu what are you-"
"AHHHHHH! YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!"
"NATSU NO! DON'T ATTACK THE TV!"
Lucy tackled Natsu to the ground.
"Lucy! Let go! I must get revenge!" Natsu shouted squirming underneath her.
"No way!" Lucy replied, not even loosening her hold on her boyfriend.
"Gaaaah! Lucy! Let me do what a man must do!"
"Women are wiser than men! And I said no!"
Natsu was still trying to wriggle out from her iron grip. She let out a noise of annoyance and pinned Natsu's hands on either side of his head, trying to give herself more of an advantage.
Natsu was still struggling but then he suddenly froze as if he realized something.
"Hey, Lucy?"
"Yes, Natsu?"
"Isn't this a very sexual position?"
Lucy blinked, looked at her hands pinning Natsu's wrists to the ground, realized she was sitting on top his rock hard stomach, then looked back to Natsu.
"Oh yeah. It is."
"......"
"......"
"Isn't this the scene where we're supposed to start making out?" Natsu asked.
"What are we? Some cliche romance fanfiction for some anime?"
"We could be."
"Natsu, what the hell is that supposed to mean?"
"I don't know."
"......"
"......"
"Should we be making out now?"
"Do you want to?"
"No, I want you to get off of me."
Lucy laughed and obliged, nimbly rolling off her best friend.
"YES! NOW I CAN FINALLY FULFILL MY TRUE PURPOSE AS AN AVENGER!" Natsu yelled, jumping up to his feet and charging at the TV.
"WHO ARE YOU, SASUKE!?" Lucy shrieked.
All in all Lucy felt like this whole situation described their relationship perfectly.