Chapter Six: Family

Start from the beginning

Neji had human blood running through his veins. He was the child of one of Sasuke's mothers first sons. She had courted a human male producing the hybrid lineage of the Hyuuga's.

Technically speaking Sasuke would be considered Neji's uncle, but that would never be the case.

"Hn. True, but still we can not escape our past." He looked at Sasuke his eyes softening for a moment. They had indeed been through more hardships than he would like to recall. He had been with Sasuke during his family's slaughter and during the loss of his love. "Hinata has told me you have a new roommate. A blue eyed blond that goes by the name of Naruto."

"What of it?" The theater had grown sullen in the ominous atmosphere. Even Tenten who had come out of the dressing rooms moments before retreated backstage. She did not want to interrupt what ever the two had been talking about.

"Is it really him?" Sasuke was unsure how to answer. Neji after all had been the one to originally introduce Naruto to him. They had been close up until then, from what Sasuke remembered. Naruto was the only one who could ever make Neji smile.

"It is." It was all he could say. No doubt Neji would be effected the same way he had when seeing the blond boy again after so long.

"Hm... I thought so. After hearing Hinata talk about him I knew that it had to be our Naruto. She is rather fond of him you know."

"What do you mean?" He had noticed the looks the Hyuuga girl had been giving Naruto but he never saw it as anything other than her normal shy looks that she gave anyone who she was nervous about approaching.

"Well I would have to say you might have some competition this time around."

"You better be sure she stays away." Neji had to laugh at that. A melodious tune in the quiet theater.

"Don't get angry, after all she does not remember that he once belonged to you. She is not cursed as we are." It was one of the blessings of being born with human blood. Hinata might have been a vampire but she was not cursed to live a never ending life through memories that would never fade. She was one of the lucky ones of the Hyuuga line, unlike Neji who was burdened to remember for eternity the horrors he had witnessed.

Hyuuga's, because of their human blood could be born with or without immortality. Those condemned to the curse were placed into the clans branch family who served as a guardian to the ones blessed with mortality, and if they inherited the thirst fro blood then they would be there to help them through the transition.

Neji had been the one to help Hinata through many of her lives, lives she had never know she had lived.

"Still I won't let her interfere. I am having enough problems as it is."

"Oh, is the Uchiha charm finally failing?" Neji received a rather dirty glare. Unfortunately he was completely unfazed.

"I wish that was the only problem."

"There are more?" Sasuke didn't like the fact that Neji didn't seem the least bit surprised about this.

"Hn. When he first came here he despised Leben, calling us all monsters for the most part. Thankfully he has put those thoughts behind him. We are more or less friends but..." Kiba came to mind along with the words he had spoken last night. "It seems this Naruto is not into men."

Neji raised a delicate eyebrow. This was something he had not suspected. When a soul is reborn it still carries the same characteristics of the person from their past lives. For example someone who had been shy in a pervious life would still be shy in their next life. Although the shyness can vary a bit from life to life.