About Us

Once upon a time there was an account created to help retellings of fairytales, myths, legends, classics, history, and folk tales have more representation in the Wattpad Community. Its name was the FairytaleCommunity

However, it couldn't do everything it wanted to. It's role in the Wattpad Community was to act like a genre account. It couldn't include every retelling because it was doing its best to match up to the likes of Fantasy_Community and ScienceFiction. It could only include stories that were up to a certain standard, it couldn't always support those fledgling writers who still were working on nailing down their grammar and plots.

Now, that's not to say that The Fairytale Community was doing its job wrong. No, it was doing its job fine. It included well-written stories from all different areas. It ran contests that many people entered in. And soon, it will be running a watty awards style contest just for retellings. 

But it wasn't doing everything it wanted to. 

It (and the people who ran it) hated that it couldn't represent those new writers who weren't yet up on their feet. So its head moderator had an idea.

The idea was to include every retelling, not just a select few. The idea was to provide help for those new writers. The idea was to help garner support for an actual retelling genre on Wattpad. The idea was to help the FairytaleCommunity with its goal, its goal of accurately representing the retelling community on Wattpad.

All of that, was the head moderator's idea, and she named it RetellingsUnite.

So now that you know how we came about, time to learn a little about what we're looking for and how you can join our campaign. 

Stories represented by this campaign includes:

Any and all retellings.

Stories inspired by fairytales, folk tales, myths, legends, and classic novels. 

And that's it! That's all your story needs to be in order to be a part of this campaign. Well, that and one more thing.

To be added to our lists add the tag #RetellingsUnite to your story's tags. 

Also, while we'd love to run contests and such, all of our contests will be run by the FairytaleCommunity. It's not that we don't want to run contests. It's just that our mother account pretty much covers everything that could possibly be needed as far as retelling contests go. 

But that's not to say we won't throw out the occasional prompt or do anything else.

No, we'll be doing book clubs, book reviews, critiques, and much more!