Prologue

I never believed in those fairy tale crap.

They're just petty little love stories marinated in buckets and buckets of 'Cliché' then sprinkled with fairy dust of unicorns and happy places.

No. Just no.

You see, unlike many other young girls, I was able to realize that those stories just bring your hopes up, then crush it mercilessly - without a second thought - when you enter the real world.

Why believe in false love stories when they never happen in real life?

But apparently, the fairy tale gods weren't happy with me, so lucky for me (note the sarcasm), I somehow got wrapped up in a cliche scene myself.

Now, I know what you all are thinking: "You should treasure that moment, it's never happened before!"

Yeah, well how about you try treasuring that moment when the person's arms you fell into just happened to be your neighbor with whom you were childhood best friends with, who then turned into a major jerk and now holds the reputation of the school's bad boy?

Boy was that a mouth full.

Xander Hale might have been my childhood best friend. Hell, we used to have sleepovers every weekend and once I even ended up giving him a peck on the cheek (we were playing truth or dare). But ever since we entered our teen years he changed.

He changed so much that we couldn't even carry a full conversation without us running out of things to say. He even went as far as to treat me like a complete stranger. And I thought I liked him before.

Bottom line is: I hate him and his guts.

So tell me, why oh why, did the heavens above choose this time to bring him back to complicate my life once again?

~~~

A/N:

Thanks for all the support on my new story guys, it really means a lot <3 and holy mother of all things good and fluffy, PTBBG got Humor #375 / Teen Fiction #727 on the What's Hot list! Woo hoo! Hopefully as this story progresses the rankings can go higher as well! :D

Elena to the side >>

Love ya'll~

xoxo.