Never Again Chapter 7

Watari suddenly barged into the room, interrupting our discussion about Naomi Misora. "Come quick! There's something happening on Sakura TV!" He informed.

We rushed out of the room, staring at the tv. "-Please understand that we are being held hostage by Kira and are forced to play these tapes. Kira has instructed us to play this tape today at exactly 5.59pm. And now, the video."

The word 'Kira' in the same cursive form as L, was shown on screen. "I am Kira. If this video is being shown at exactly 5.59pm, please change the channel to Taiyo TV." A deep voice emitted, obviously altered. "The speaker on Taiyo TV will die of a heart attack at exactly 6pm."

The screen changed to Taiyo tv at L's command. The speaker is seen lying back against the chair, dead. I gripped the chair tightly, glaring at the screen. "Change it back." L ordered again. "Watari bring in two more tv's." He added.

"My next victim, on NHN channel is the commentator, who is scheduled to be on a live broadcast." He spoke again. "Change the channel."

The channel changed, showing the man slumped face down onto his desk. "Please change it back." L said again, this time softer.

"Now that you have seen proof of my powers, you will have no trouble believing that I am Kira." L suddenly starightened. "Stop this broadcast!" His voice louder than usual. Aizawa and Matsuda ran to the phone, calling the station. But there was no answer.

"Damnit!" Ukita, who have never spoken up before, shouted, ran to the door. We went back to the tv, listening to what Kira has to say and counted on Ukita to stop the broadcast. A few moments later, the second tv screen flickered to life. My eyes widened, staring at the image in front of me. My grip tightened, a crack heard throughout the room.

Ukita was lying dead right outside Sakura station.

Aizawa gasped, then growled, storming to the door. "Wait!" I called out, at the same time L said, "Mr Aizawa. Where are you going?"

"What do you think?! You want me to sit here and watch tv while my comrade is lying dead outside?!" He exploded, his fists clenched.

"What do you think will happen to you if you go there, Aizawa." I spoke up, releasing the broken chair handle, letting it hang limply.
L explained that Kira now might only need a face to kill, and that he might be there himself.

"Then isn't that all the more reason why we should go there?!" Aizawa shouted at him.

"It is also a possibility that he has placed cameras there. Its dangerous to go there right now." L explained again. Aizawa stomped towards him grabbing his shirt roughly. "Weren't you the one that said we had to risk our lives?!" I narrowed my eyes, striking his arm so that he let go.

"There's a difference between risking your life and throwing it away." I growled, facing him.

I glanced down at L's trembling hands. "Please control yourself. We lost Ukita. I understand you want to go there yourself but I don't want to lose another member."
L controlled his voice, not looking us in the eye. Aizawa's eyes softened, stepping back reluctantly.

"Please consider this, police force. We can work together to create a new world. I have two tapes ready. One if you say yes, and another if you say no. Give me your reply by 6pm four days away."
Kira continued talking. On the second tv, a van had drove straight into the station, breaking through the glass. Who? I wondered, staring at it. L began talking on the phone, as I listened to Kira and watched the second tv at the same time.

"Superintendant Yagami, how is your condition?" L spoke into the phone. He paused, listening to his reply. "I see. Please hold."

He immediately lifted another cell phone to his ear. "Kitamura, its Chief Yagami. Are your preperations complete?" After a second, he went back to the other phone. He moved so fast, the shifting of his clothes could he heard.

"Mr Yagami listen carefully. In exactly 5 minutes I want you to exit out the front entrance." He spoke, then flipped the phone closed. I stared at him in wonder, admiring the fact that he had no hesitation in his movements.

The second tv had been switched off, the news anchor having fled the scene. I had a pretty good idea what was going on though, thanks to L's call. The officers under Kitamura were dispatched out to block Soichiro from the view of Kira.

"What's going on?" I mumbled, once the commotion was over. I picked the dry skin off my lips, thinking. "Now Kira only needs a face to kill?" I asked mostly to myself, staring at the blank screen. L was also deep in thought, his thumb hovering above his lips.

>.....................<

A few moments later, the door opened, revealing Soichiro being supported by Watari. I got off my chair, going to greet him. "Chief Yagami!" Matsuda exclaimed, glad to see him return. "Ryuzaki, these are all of the tapes Kira sent." He handed a bag to L. He accepted it, holding it far away from him like it was contaminated. "I can't thank you enough." L murmured, going back over to his seat. He passed Aizawa the envelope containing the tapes, requesting for them to be passed through the crime lab.

I went forward, gingerly taking the tapes out and setting them on the table. "So." I looked at Ryuzaki. "Which one should we watch first?"

<...........................<

2 hours later when we have finished watching and analysing the videos, I stretched, calling the others over.

"The third video states the conditions that we must abide if we co-operate, and showing more criminals on televison. He seems particularly interested in assaults, and those who take advantage of the weak and defenseless." L explained, once the others were present.

"What about the fourth video?" Chief asked. "It wants to kill the director of the NPA, or L." I helped answer, looking at L. "It wants us to choose who should be the victim for our refusal."

"The obvious answer would be no, so if you would please take this to Sakura TV to be broadcasted." L handed the fourth tape over to the superintendant.

>....................................>

"Several of our countries have weighed in. And it seems that they're in favour of having the real L appear on tv." Soichiro reported, coming into the hotel room a day later. L calmly sipped his coffee.

"I think that's the most appropriate choice we have. Now we have three more days before we have to give our answer. Maybe we can find some counter measure." He stuffed a piece of cake in his mouth. "Theres a strong possibility that this Kira is a fake." L announced, once he swallowed.

"A second Kira, if you will." I suggested. "A second Kira?!" Aizawa exclaimed, shocked. "How did you guys come up with that?"

"In the first tape, Kira killed two innocent members of a tv station just to prove that he was Kira. The real Kira would not have done that." L poked a strawberry wih his fork.

"And the recent cases of heart attacks were of people shoplifting and molestation. This is a steep drop in quality of criminals Kira used to kill. This also highly suggests that the second Kira is a female, due to the number of kills relating to the molestation of women." I added on.

"What is the probability that there is a second Kira?" Soichiro asked. "More than 70%.." I mumbled, as L said the same thing, but more confident. He brought up his plate, gesturing for me to explain before taking a bite out of the slice of cake.

"Before, Kira never killed any innocent people, while the second Kira wanted to prove that the murders were not based on the first Kira's killings ahead of time. If you get what I mean." I said, eyeing L's cake before meeting the chief's eyes.

"And Ryuzaki would like to ask permission for your son to be in the investigation." I spoke up again, seeing that he was still chewing.

Soichiro nodded. "Of course, as my son agreed. Anything to prove his innocence." L set down his empty plate. "Thank you for understanding."

>....................................<

Im not doing my homework but im addicted to continuing this ff XD