Never Again Chapter 3

Woah, three updates in a day? Im on a roll here!

We took a deep breath as the chief turned the doorknob. One by one we entered the room, standing in a straight line.
Once I saw the guy, my mouth almost dropped. Well this was not what I was expecting. He kind of reminds me of someone...

He used his leg to scratch the other, kind of what I like to do sometimes. His hands were stuck in his pockets, back slouched even further than mine. "I am L." He spoke.

His voice caught me by surprise. Not that I expected it to be like the altered one, but more like the raspy type. Like he hasn't been out in weeks. He scratched his head, looking down. I blinked. He looked like a panda.

Chief cleared his throat and brought out his ID

Chief cleared his throat and brought out his ID. "Im Yagami. Of the NPA." The rest followed, bringing out their ID cards. Until it was my turn. Was that really L? It can't be.

I scanned his body, quickly taking mental notes.

Messy hair and unkempt shirt- Does not care for first impressions=too busy to care for himself.

Pale skin- never goes out to the sun= always stays indoors.

Eyes always cast downwards, hands stuck in pockets, feet rubbing together awkwardly = introvert, rarely has social interactions.

Dark eyebags- rarely sleeps=insomniac.

All of these surely points to him being a consulting detective. Still, you can't be too careful.

Matsuda nudged my arm, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Uh, Satoru." I quickly made up a fake name. How can I trust that he is not Kira? Watari did not bring us here. Furthermore, if he was L he would be able to point out that there was no 'ki' in my name.

"What? But that's not your-Ow!" I stepped on Matsuda's foot. L slowly raised his hand in a form of a gun. "Bang." Aizawa let out a sound of confusion.

"If I were Kira, you would be dead by now." His dull eyes, very much like mine, drifted over to me. "Except for you." I removed my foot from Matsuda's shoe. "What is your name?" L asked. "How do I know you know you are not Kira?" I challenged.

He stared at me evenly, meeting my gaze. "Because then I would not have announced that I would be able to kill them." I stepped forward. "That might have been a cover because you did not know my name and I would be a witness." He stepped forward as well, closing the distance between us. "I assure you, I am not Kira."

The task force members went silent, watching what would happen.
I stepped forward so that we were inches apart, our eyes not leaving the other. "Prove it."

He leaned in closer, his breath fanning across my face. "Kira needs a name and face to kill. I would not have revealed that information if I were him." His voice barely a whisper. I stared at him for a while, then nodded, satisfied. I stepped back, allowing myself to have enough space to breathe.