Never Again Chapter 5

"Naoki wake up." Someone shook my shoulder. "Nughhjk." I mumbled, covering my face with the blanket. "Watari brought cake." I immediately shot up, looking around like a crazed woman. But Watari was nowhere to be found. "Liar." I pouted at L. He blinked. "We have work to do." I nodded, going to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Honestly, who has the time to comb their hair or change their clothes? Its not like I want to make an impression on anyone.

I stumbled into the living room, plopping myself down onto the sofa beside L and Soichiro.

The tv sceeen showed Light in his room, then him placing a slip of paper at the door. "I can't believe it. What's he hiding thats so important?" Soichiro asked. "That sort of behaviour for a 17 year old is normal. When I was his age I did strange things too." L clarified. I nodded. We do do some pretty strange things...

Light left his house and a few minutes later, he came back. He went inside his room, locking the door and laid on his bed, taking out a magazine. Once I saw what was in there, I laughed out loud, slapping my leg. "I knew it!" I cried, trying to calm myself down. "I don't believe it, why is he looking at those magazines?" Yagami cried out as well.
"Its normal for a 17 year old." L said again. I raised an eyebrow. So L looked at those magazines too?

I shook my head. "For a pervert."

Light closed the magazine, slotting it into a hidden book cover. "Oh, Light." The chief groaned. I cracked up almost immediately.
>...........................<

While the family was eating dinner, Sayu's eyes were glued to the Tv screen, watching some sappy drama. I snorted. "I hate that show. Hideki Ryuga might be one of my most disliked actors."

L raised his eyebrow. "Oh?" He made a phone call to Aizawa, instructing him to do something I wasn't paying attention to. Sayu began reading something outloud to Light, most probably the announcement that there were 1500 police officers working on the kira case. I leant forward, expecting a reply from Light.

"That's stupid. Why would the ICPO want to announce that to the world? Shouldn't they keep in under covers? In my opinion they just want to shock Kira into making a move. But there's no doubt that Kira saw through this." Light responded.

"Huh. Your son's clever." L bit his thumb. I rolled my eyes. Annoyingly clever.

Once he finished eating his dinner, he took a bag of chips and went up to his room.
He opened it, setting it on his table and started his revision.

"Ryuzaki. Two criminals have just died of heart attacks." Watari entered the room. I frowned, playing with my lip. L and Soichiro began conversing, while I stared at Light. There was nothing in front of him and nothing to the right. To the left...the bag of potato chips. I peered closer, straining my eyes to look inside. Light's hand had been staying in there for an unreasonable long period of time...

"Hey Ryuzaki." I interrupted their conversation. "Could there be something hidden in the bag?"

<..........................................<

"I have reviewed all of the audio recordings and tapes. And all of them revealed......nothing." L gave a sigh of defeat. "But Kira could be doing it outside, there are tv's all over the city." I comforted him. He nodded, deep in thought.

"Your final exam is in an hour." Soichiro reminded me. I made a strangled sound, jumping out of the chair and grabbed my pen. "See you later!" I called out, jumping over the stool, rushing for the door. "Good luck!" Matsuda and Aizawa chorused, as I slammed the door.

<..............................>

I ran into the examination room, panting slightly. Seishin glared at me under her glasses. "10 seconds." She muttered under her breath. I ran to my seat, sliding in place just as the bell rang. "And begin!" She announced, still keeping an eye on me. I flipped open the paper, bringing out my pen.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her walking towards me. I grimaced, bracing myself. However, she walked right past me. I glanced up in surprise, following her movements. "You there!" She shouted. "Student number 162. Sit properly in your chair." She ordered. I looked back, mouth dropping as I did so. My pen fell from my hand, but I quickly caught it before it reached the floor.

My heart thudded aginst my chest. What was he doing here?! He was looking staright at Light, who was sitting directly in front of me. I shook my head, pushing my thoughts to the side and began the paper.

>..............................<

A few hours later when we were dismissed, I walked slowly out the door, watching Light. Once he left the school gate, I immediately whirled around, grabbing L by the hand and dragged him out of the school.

"What were you thinking?!" I whisper yelled at him, standing at the corner of the gate. "I was thinking that I want to see the reaction of Light when he saw me." L replied like it was nothing. I gained an irk mark. "You.." I trailed off, not knowing what to say. "Its quite alright, he does not know my name, so he cannot kill me." He added.

"Yes, but can you just.." I thought for a moment, then dropped his hand which I realised that I was still holding, removed my jacket and wrapped it around his neck and half of his face, so that he looked like some kind of snowman ninja.

"What are you doing?" He asked, confused. "No one is going to see your face." I replied, nodding. "But I look stupid." He said, his voice muffled.

"Do you prefer dying or looking stupid?" I asked. "I would die looking stupid." He reasoned. I sweat dropped, shooing him away. "Just go where ever you want to, but don't take off the jacket!"

I waved him goodbye, then walked home myself.

>..............................<

Tis gonna be a long day.. tmr is when school reopens, and I have not started a single piece of my homework. Oops.