4 ; [broken]

Wanda Maximoff; a woman who had lost her twin brother during battle, so lost without anyone left for herself to trust. She felt unworthy and a waste of others time. Wanda had admitted she was too weak to even hold herself together, she couldn't live her own life by herself, she needed someone desperately or else her broken pieces would continue to detach from her own body. She lost everyone.

James Buchanan Barnes; a man whose past contained darkness, his life had been a complete and utter lie. Every memory that he would have made, instantly gone, wiped from his own system. James never intended to live the life he was not destined to live. He wanted a family, he wanted to come home to the family everyday from work to see their beautiful faces, he wanted to come home to his loving wife that he would love ever so dearly. Although, he could never go back to the time he was offered that opportunity. It was far too late.

Every step they took another piece would crumble beneath their feet, it only took time for the two to realise that both were breaking. It only seemed fair that together as one were to pick up each other's broken pieces, holding their own chins high to face the troubles of the world with no fear.

James and Wanda hadn't known that as they first gazed through each other's eyes that they would finally feel somehow, themselves again. They could sense the similarities, the same pain the other felt was quickly radiating off each other.

"May I ask for your name?" Wanda asked kindly, her hands tangled in her lap as she sat next to the man on a brown bench, the paint from the object now slowly chipping from its natural form.

"Bucky," he asked with much hesitation, Wanda found herself furrowing her own eyebrows "and yours?"

"Wanda." She spoke so kindly, a slight smile tugging at her lips.

"That's quite an odd name."

"So is Bucky." Wanda chuckled, her accent becoming more noticeable. Bucky admired this, as he did with everything else of Wanda.

"Well we sure have something in common."

"It's rare for myself to have similarities with another."

"There's yet another thing we have in common."

Then silence was brought upon the both, the cold air surrounded them, rain lightly grazing along their faces. She enjoyed the cold weather, the layers of multiple clothes warming her body. Although Bucky wasn't quite fond with the wet weather, sometimes he was quite amused as white clouds formed whenever he had exhaled through his mouth.

Wanda couldn't help but feel the warmth of Bucky, both arms covered with the fabric of his sweater, black gloves wrapping around his hands. She could see the many strands of hair had fallen from its once neat tuck by his hat and ears, failing to succeed in keeping his hair nicely groomed. He never really felt the certain need to fix or style his own hair for any attraction, Bucky didn't need the comfort from a preferred someone.

"Tell me, Bucky," Wanda softly spoke through the cold, the hood of her jumper covering most of her face to prevent any exposure to the frosty surroundings "something about you, anything at all."

"Well," Bucky didn't know how to start an answer to her question, he only began to regain his broken memories from the past "I think I once used three bucks on a girl trying to win a prize." His voice contained much sarcasm that he had not even noticed, this causing Wanda to laugh.

"Pretty cheap for just a girl." Bucky laughed so genuinely, Wanda admiring him with lustful eyes.

"Now you tell me Wanda," Bucky started "something about yourself."