~flashback two. | the first day.

Zacznij od początku

“I have an idea!” Harry shouted.

With hope dwindling in his eyes, he grabbed my hand and led me to his garage.  As cliché as it sounds, I really felt the electricity move through our hands.

“Okay, so my mom has this old van, but it still works!”

He let go of my hand and all of a sudden I felt empty. What the hell is wrong with me today?

“So?” I asked.

“SO! I CAN DRIVE IT!”

Shocked, I dropped my mouth opening and stared at him with great, big eyes.

“No, no you can’t.”

I trusted Harry, but I didn’t trust him enough to drive me around!

“What? YES! I might not have my license, but I’m really good, Mel! Trust me. I’ve been driving with my mom for the last two months!”

I bit my lip and sank into my left hip.

“Are we gonna die?”

“Of course not.” Harry smiled and ran to the front of the house to get our things.  When he was finished loading up the van, he got into the front seat and roared it to life.

“Well, come on!” he shouted at me through the window.

Nervously, I walked to the other side of the van and opened the passenger’s door.

Oh come on, what the hell, you can trust Harry.

Swinging the door open, I hopped onto the chair and looked at the curly-haired boy with excitement.

“Let’s go.”

* * *

“ARE WE GOING TO DIE, HARRY?” I shouted at him as I gripped his left arm that was lying on the armrest.

“Calm down, Mel. It’s okay, I got this.” He looked at me and smirked. Shrieking, I screamed,

“HARRY, KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD!” As he turned his head forward, a big truck was heading our way.  Immediately, he hit the brakes and everything in the backseat toppled over.

“Oh my god, we are going to die.” I breathed out.

“Well, if we do die, Mel, I want to tell you something.” He looked at me again and his enticing green eyes didn’t let go of my gaze.

“I think I-.” He continued.  Before he could finish his sentence, the bloody car behind us beeped three times.  The light was green.

Chuckling, Harry said,

“Mel, look we aren’t going to die! The beach is right there!”

I let out a big sigh of relief and look outside the window. The beach was packed with people.

“Ugh, but look at all those people, Harry.” They were going to ruin my day with Harry.

“I know the other side of the beach doesn’t have anyone on it!” He said excitedly.

“Yeah, that’s because it’s private! Only people who bought that land are allowed on it.” I said, sadly.

“Oh.” Harry said, as he parked the van.

“Well,” he continued, “We’ve been breaking rules all day. Shall we?”

He smiled at me and I couldn’t help but smile too.

“Fine, I guess.”

* * *

The sand was warm beneath my bare feet and the sun beamed down on my face.  Skipping to the shore, I jumped into the water and let the water soak the bottom of my skirt. I giggled and stared at my toes and the tiny little fish running through the seawater.

“Harry!! Come here! Look!” I yelled, hoping he could hear me.

“A little help?” He laughed. Looking up, I saw him struggling, carrying two chairs, the umbrella, a bag, and the picnic basket.

“Woops, sorry! Coming!” I smiled and ran to help him.

After settling down in the perfect spot, I looked at Harry and smiled again.

“You know this is kind of perfect.” I said without hesitating.

“Yeah,” Harry smiled, “You know, I want to propose to my future wife this way.”

I stopped dead in my tracks and stared at Harry. Coughing I said,

“Wait what?”

“When I propose to that one girl, I want it to be at the beach.”

“Oh.” I replied, somewhere deep down I was kind of hoping that girl was me.

“So what do people usually do at the beach?” Harry asked after a long silence.

I shrugged and stared at the endless ocean.

“I’m not exactly sure.” Closing my eyes, I leaned back into my chair and breathed in the salt.  It was nice, having time like this.  Everything was calm and soothing.

“Mel?” It was a whisper, but I could hear Harry’s voice clearly.

“Yeah?” I said, opening my eyes.

“I-I think,” he stuttered, “I think I like you.” And just like that my heart fluttered and I finally admitted to myself that I liked Harry too.  I guess my whole life I've been waiting for thoose three words. Nothing else mattered anymore.  And honestly, all those small crushes could never compare to how i feel about Harry. 

“I like you too, Harry.” I smiled at him.

“Honestly, I don’t know where I would be without you. You’re my best friend.”

Oh. He likes me in the friend way. Wow.

I tried to hide my frown by saying,

“Yeah, do you want to go up to the water?”

“Shore.” He laughed and ran away from me. 

* * *

That was the first day I stopped lying to myself and confessed that I was completely in love with Harry Styles.

* * * 

Okay, wow, sorry for the fail flashback, but dont worry the actual chapter will be good! Hopefully! (: Thanks for reading! <3