Welcome To New York

It was a Tuesday. I threw on my uniform for work. It was a different shade from the one I wore in Boston, but it was a nice and refreshing change. I walked out of the locker room and took a deep breath in. I looked around, and absorbed my surroundings. Until somebody shoved me forward.

"Oh my god I'm so so sorry!" A woman called from behind me. I turned around, containing myself. She was slightly shorter than me, and blonde and pretty, and in uniform. "Oh, are you new?" She asked. I nodded, a little intimidated. She smiled and stuck out her hand. "I'm Eddie. Eddie Janko. Nice to meet you! What's your name?"
As she was talking, a boy walked up behind her. He smiled at me. I smiled back at the both of them.

"Oh, um, hi. My name's Hannah Greene. I just transferred here from Boston. I actually have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing right now... I don't know where to go. Everything seems so... Big." I took Eddie's hand and shook it. The boy spoke up.

"Well, hello, Hannah Greene. I'm Jamie Reagan, and you've clearly met my partner Eddie." He put his hand on her shoulder. "I'm sure you could just... Hang around with us for a while. Our tour doesn't start for another 20 minutes." Jamie grinned.

Eddie nodded. "Yeah! Have you met Sergeant Renzulli yet?" I shook my head. I had been told to go to this precinct by an Abigail Baker. I was told he knew I was coming. "Oh! Well, we'll take you to see him. Right Jamie?"

Jamie nodded. "Right." We began walking to the Sergeant's office when I looked at the two of them: Eddie on my right, Jamie on my left. I felt like something was... Odd.

"So, um, if you don't mind me asking... Are you two... You know, together?" They looked at each other and laughed.

"Oh, no no no. We're strictly friends." Eddie laughed. Jamie nodded in agreement. I laughed along with them, even though I didn't quite understand what was actually funny.

All of a sudden, someone yelled towards us. "Reagan! Janko! In my office, please! Now!" They turned around, and I turned with them.

"That's Sergeant Renzulli," Eddie whispered to me. "You can come along with us, since you have to go see him anyways." She could tell I was nervous, so she took my hand and the three of us walked into the Sergeant's office.

"Reagan, Janko, I have an assign-" Renzulli began. He looked up from his papers and smiled. "Oh! Well, I guess you three have already met. Jamie, Eddie, meet Hannah Greene. She transferred here from Boston. One of the best officers in the state. She's lucky to be with us now. Anyways, it's still her first day in New York, and I figured you two could show her the ropes. On your tour. Today. I hope that's alright with you two." He declared.

Jamie gave him a nod. "That's perfectly fine, Sarge. We're just gonna show Hannah around the precinct until our tour starts." Eddie led us out of the office.

They showed me the front desk, the bathrooms, and the break room. We sat down at a table with 10 minutes to spare before the tour started.

"So, Boston, huh?" Eddie asked. I smiled.

"Um, yeah. I grew up there, lived there my whole life. Worked as an officer in the same precinct for, I don't know, as long as I've been a cop I guess. I decided I wanted a change, so the Police Chief in Boston talked to the Commissioner here... I don't quite remember his name. I think it begins with an R? Anyways, I got transferred here. And today is my first day, as you guys know." Eddie stifled a laugh and elbowed Jamie. He blushed.

I gave them a questioning look. Jamie opened his mouth. "The Commissioner's name is Reagan..." He said.

"Oh!" I exclaimed. Eddie was still trying to contain her laughter and Jamie looked almost embarrassed. "What?" I asked. I was more than confused. Then I remembered Jamie's last name. "OH. Wait, so..." I pointed to Jamie's name plate. He nodded.

"Yeah, I'm the Commissioner's son." Jamie sighed and Eddie bursted into laughter. Jamie smirked. I smiled back at the two of them. Eddie was practically dying at the table. Before we knew it, it was time to hit the streets.

"So, Eddie has shotgun, and I drive. You can sit in the back." Jamie told me. I nodded. I figured I would be sitting in the back, but it was fine with me. I had been stuffed in a trunk before, so the backseat was alright. I knew I had to earn my way to the front... And get a partner, as well. Though I had quite a lot of street cred in Boston, it didn't transfer to New York with me.

We exited the precinct and climbed into the car. It was small, but a comfortable small. Jamie started the ignition, pulled out of the parking lot, and I was off on my first tour in New York.