The Conclusion

He never saved her. All those times Lindsey had said "What if he doesn't save you?" She should've been talking about herself.

Lois was destroyed.

Everyone was gone.

Her family was gone. All of it. Her parents had died years previously leaving only her sister. Her sister.

Lois felt tears rise to her eyes again and she reaches for another tissue. White Kleenex took up the majority of her apartment, leaving a tide of wet, snotty grossness all around her.

Lindsey was dead. She had to be. Lex had said that she wasn't but how could she trust him? The man who, who had taken Clark away.

Hot, wet tears streamed down the woman's face as she started to bawl. Clark had been dead for nearly two days now. But no one noticed. Superman's death was the big thing. No one cared about a simple reporter.

Lois snorted slightly through her tears.

If only they had known.

If only. Ha. Lots of thoughts sped through her mind at that one.

If only, she had gotten her sisters text earlier.

If only, she had tried to stop Clark not that it would've stopped him but...

If only, she had gotten more information on Lindsey's whereabouts.

If only, she had told her sister she loved her.

If only, she had been the better older sister.

If only, she had cared.

If only.

*Two Days Later*

"Luthor! You have a visitor!" Grunted one of the prison guards.

Lex limped forwards held tightly by the straight jacket he had been forced into.

"Hurry up!" The man roared pulling the jail cell door open with a loud squeal of its hinges.

Lex glared at him and made his way slowly towards him. His legs were wobbly from lack of use and his face was stubbly.

He continued forward on his journey until he came to a desk. Glass blocked his escape and stood as a sentry between his side and his visitors side.

Lois Lane sat in the chair opposite him holding a phone to her ear.

She looked terrible. Her hair was raggedy so she had tried to hide it by putting it into a pony tail but that had just made it worse. Her face was pale and her eyes red rimmed from crying so much. Her hand holding the phone shook slightly as she held it to her ear.

Lex's guard untied his prisoner's arms and Lex smiled at him. Until the guard smashed his face into the desk. The guard roughly grabbed Lex's left hand and handcuffed it to a handy little ring welded to the desk. Lex slowly picked up his phone with his right hand and smiled widely at Lois.

"Hello Lois Lane."

His whole face was gaunt and haggard. His head was shaved now, pretty terribly at that. Lois could see marks from where the razor had dug into his scalp.

When he smiled at her, Lois felt her skin begin to crawl. Forcing herself to remain seated and not go running from the room, she glared back through the glass at him.

"Where's my sister?" She asked in a quavering voice.

Lex's smile widened.

"Snow White?"