Chapter 8

"No, no, no no no no!" Samantha said to herself pressing the lobby button on the elevator so many times it would surprise anyone if it stopped working. If there was anyone else in the elevator. Soon enough tears began forming in her eyes and she blinked them away and dreaded every 'ding!' noise that came from passing another floor.

 "Sammy! Are you ok, stop!" Pepper exclaimed confused at her friends actions, pulling Samantha away from the buttons.

 Samantha immediately started to cry. This couldn't be happening. No! She wouldn't stand for it! She didn't care to hear an apology, she didn't care for him to say anything to the old her. The old Samantha. The old Samantha has been locked up in her old journal for years! Why would she want her to let old Sammy come back out.

 "This isn't happening!" Samantha screamed to herself and the doors suddenly opened, they were there and Samantha was having a nervous break down.

 Engulfing her friend in a hug, Pepper helped her friend outside the elevator and into a hall. Trying her best to calm her, "Sammy, shh, its ok. Its gonna be ok."

 "No! It isn't! How could you do this to me! You knew what he did to me and you dragged me here anyway! I thought I could trust you!" Samantha said out of sheer anger and sadness. Not really meaning a word she said but not everyone could understand her like the author of this book.

 "Sammy, please, calm down. It is gonna be fine. If you want to we can leave. You don't need to see him." As they spoke they didn't realize that Tony could hear every word they said. As he watched them from a camera hidden in the hall. He pulled the video larger and watched sighing at the way Samantha was taking it.

 "Wow... I guess I really was an ass to her. Wasn't I?" He says to himself putting up his wrench and looking at the screen feeling worse and worse with each tear shed in fear of him.

 "You would think I murdered her family. But no," He says getting up running his fingers threw his hair. "No, I was just the worst bully to the one girl I thought was tolerant enough to handle me. I broke her." He says aloud and looks up.

 "Is that what I have to say to get her in the room?" He questioned to what he thought to be god or what ever. Then walking back to his chair.

 "I am the ass hat that broke Samantha Wilts. There! I was the worst kid in the 6th grade! And now she wont even sit in the same room as me..." He sighs and there at the door stood Pepper. Smiling.

 "At least you admitted it." She replied walking over. "Samantha wanted a little time before she either runs back to that elevator and down the street away from here forever, Or to this room. I think its safe to say which will happen." She goes on walking over to Tony who looked a bit shocked but wiped it off his face quickly and acting like he isn't shocked to see Pepper who saw him starting to break down. He turns his chair away from her and crosses his arms.

 "You know, you should really start knocking. Its quite rude not to. You could have been a thief and I would have had to take you down." He says dryly going to pour himself a drink of water out of no where when Pepper spins his chair around.

 "If take me down means yell at me and grab your armor by then you realize me and not doing anything, yes you would." She says to him and he sighs then feeling awkward gets up.

 "A bit to close. I just got out all the feelings I will need for the week thanks." He says then grabbing his water taking a drink.

 "Tony." Pepper says glancing back at the camera to see Samantha starting to get back looking for a way out, "You could fix all of this right now. Just tell her you are sorry. Not me, not yourself, not JARVIS. Her."

 Tony stopped for a second before putting his glass down and walking out saying one last thing before going off to hopefully make one of the best decisions of his life. One.

 "Don't touch my drink."