Prologue- Photo of Chrissie

Copyright 2013 misscowgirlup22

Prologue

          Chrissie James’ green eyes glistened with happiness. Today was the day that her best friend Anna was getting married.

            At first Chrissie hadn’t liked Brent, but then she’d seen how happy he made Anna, even with everything that they’d been through.

            That was true love.

            And Chrissie was completely jealous of what Anna had. Chrissie craved to have someone who cared for her, loved her. She was completely tired of dating men that only wanted her body. The meaningless relationships were wearing thin on Chrissie.

            “Are you okay, Chrissie?” Anna asked her longtime friend while putting on her garter, and then getting into her dress.

            “I’m fine. Don’t worry about me, today’s your day.” Chrissie forced a smile onto her face, but Anna saw through it.

            “Don’t worry Chris your day will come. You’ll meet Mr. Perfect, I promise you.” Anna hugged her.

             “I don’t want Mr. Perfect. I just want someone that wants me for me.” Chrissie sighed, and a hand through her chestnut hair. She’d finally decided that she was done with putting weird colors in her hair. She’d finally completely grown up. “Now let’s get you ready. The sooner I get you married of the sooner I don’t have to worry about you anymore.”

            Anna punched Chrissie in the shoulder. “Hey!”

            Chrissie threw her hands up in surrender. “Kidding! I’m kidding!”

            Once Anna was all dressed and the photographer had had a chance to take photos, Brent’s dad came in.

            “You all look gorgeous!” Bill stated and then he gave his wife Denise a quick peck on the lips.

            “Thanks, daddy, but I feel like a whale.” Brent’s little sister Cassie, whom was seven months pregnant stated.

            “Well, you still look gorgeous Cass.” Bill told her and then he crossed over to Anna who was sporting misty eyes. “And my new daughter you look breath taking. My son is truly a lucky man.”

            “Thanks.” The tears started to fall, but Bill was right there with his handkerchief. “You are the best. Thank you for doing this for me.”

            “It’s my pleasure. I know this is hard for you, not having your parents here, but just remember that we love you like a daughter, and that you’ll always have us no matter what.” Bill hugged Anna and then he pulled away.

            “Let’s do this. I’m ready to go out there and marry the love of my life.” Anna was ready to get out there and start the rest of her life.   

*****

            The ceremony had been truly amazing, filled with so much love and promise.

            The kiss had been spectacular, Brent hadn’t wanted to stop, but when he did he kneeled down and kissed Anna’s stomach while she giggled.

            Everyone’s mouths dropped wide open and then they all yelled ‘baby!’ at just about the same time.

            The happy couple just nodded their heads, laughing while they ran down the aisle.