Chapter 6

I woke up at 8:00 am, feeling refreshed and recharged. I quickly jump out of my bed and get changed. I then walk downstairs to a pleasant surprise, mom made pancakes for us. Pancakes with blueberries, just the way we like them.

(Time skip to after breakfast, because I'm lazy :p)

Me and Jessica left the house and got into my car. After we got in, we proceeded to go to pick up Kayla and Darrell. Once we got them we proceeded to drive to the mall.

We were almost there but hit traffic. It was taking FOREVER in the traffic. I finally got to the point where I was about to hit someone but Jessica noticed my temper rising and stopped me. "Hey, calm down Justin!"

That's were I finally snapped, "Jessica, stop telling me what to do!"

"I will tell you what to do because I'm smarter!"

"But I'm older!"

"So what?!"

"So I tell you what to do!"

She sighs and stops arguing and we just sit in silence. It was getting really boring and tiring and I also felt my temper rising again. I guess I zoned out because I didn't notice Darrell staring out the back window. And then Kayla. And then Jessica. Before I knew what was happening, Jessica shakes my shoulder to get my attention. I turn to the back window to see an odd sight. 

Two wolves on motorcycles wearing zipped jackets and black jumpsuits. Oddly, they both looked the same... like twins. Both reached into their jackets and my heart stopped when I saw what they were holding.

Two silenced pistols.

We all quickly looked to the front of the car, frantically looking for an exit. I finally saw one three cars ahead of us. They loaded their guns.

Two cars away from the exit...

I gripped my paws on the steering wheel as they raised their weapons.

One car away...

I placed my foot on the gas pedal as they took aim. 

Before they fired, I speed of into the exit. They missed their shots and followed on their motorcycle quickly. We speed through each lane, ignoring cars that honked and other animals that gave us a 'nice' gesture with their finger. "What's going on?!", Darrell asks.

"I don't know!", I replied, frantically swerving past another car.

"Drive faster!", Jessica says.

"You need to go faster!", Kayla adds.

"Does anyone else want to drive?! Because I'm SURE they'll just let stop, get out, and switch seats before KILLING US!", I snapped.

I don't know how long the chase lasted, all I knew was that we somehow ended up in Tundratown. We drove on a road leading up a cliff, a frozen lake yards below the edge. I swerved near the edge, hoping to lose them on the sharp turn and go back the way we came.

Unfortunately that didn't happen.

Before I could even turn, they shoot our tires and we went uncontrollably over the edge. Before we could hit the ice, I quickly unlocked the doors and we all opened the doors and jumped out. We landed roughly on the ice. I could feel a pain shoot through my shoulder as I landed. I didn't even get a chance to think before the ice cracked due to the car and we feel down. 

Down into the icy water below. 

The last thing I saw before darkness engulfed me, was a giant white paw grab my shirt collar and pull me towards the surface.