8| Arrogant Devil

You can't blame gravity for falling in love
- Albert Einstein

C H A P T E R E I G H T

L A C Y
W H I T E

- - -

A GROAN ESCAPED my lips as the blinding light seeped through the gaps between the blinds.

"Good morning." A voice spoke up from beside me.

My whole body went rigid in shock as my head whirled around to meet the intruders eyes.

I let out a shriek, pulling the covers over me as I stared wide eyed at the man who simply wouldn't leave me alone, no matter what I did.

Infuriated by his infuriating presence which I hadn't requested, I snarled angrily at him. "What in the world are you doing here?" I incredulously questioned the smirking Casanova.

His lips curled upwards and his eyes filled with mischief. "You fell asleep last night." He amusedly smiled." I offered to drop you home and one minute you're glaring at me and then next you're fast sleep."

Ignoring his words, I focused on another matter that sent a wave of worry throughout me.

"Did you-How are you-.." I was cluelessly trying to find a subtle way of enquiring the question that lingered dauntingly.

Peering down at my fingers which helplessly player with the material of my covers, I sighed.

It was then that Cyrus leaned forwards after moments of assessing my anxious expression.
"If you're attempting to ask what I think then no, I didn't sleep in your bed, I slept on the couch. It was far too late to be heading off home." A breath of relief escaped my lips as I refused to make eye contact with Cyrus.

Contrary to his words, he wore the same white shirt from last night, only this time it was covered in creases. His sleeves were rolled up to his elbows and his hair was completely disheveled.

A thick but comfortable silence overcame the two of us. An urge to thank Cyrus for bringing me home began to rise but I knew if I did bring it up then I wouldn't hear the end of it.

"Get changed, I'm taking you to Greece for the day." Cyrus grinned, rising and leaving the room before I had time to protest.

My eyes widened but I knew better than to even attempt to argue with the brute. Besides, deep, deep down, a small part of me wanted to go with him.

I fell back onto my soft cushions, both of my hands covering my face and I groaned softly.

With a sigh, I rose from my bed, making my way to the shower, setting the temperature to the appropriate warmth.

As I stepped into the shower and turned the tap, causing a burst of warm water to shower over me.

"What do you want for breakfast?" Came Cyrus's deep voice.

A scream escaped my lips as my hands moved to cover myself. My eyes widened and my nostrils flared with rage.

"Get out!" I shrieked, my voice louder then the sounds of the trickling water.