‹ 0 5 ›

#5 - The Nerd Quiz

Warning: food mention

Your phone pinged and you struggled to tear your eyes away from the Lord of the Rings marathon you were currently having.

From: Jake ♥︎
What's Princess Leia's last name?

You screwed your eyebrows up in confusion but answered the question anyway.

To: Jake ♥︎
It depends. It could be Organa, Solo or Skywalker.

To: Jake ♥︎
Why???

You pressed play on The Two Towers and continued to watch, enraptured by the swords clashing on screen. You jumped slightly when your phone went off again.

From: Jake ♥︎
Holt's got everyone doing a quiz to try and strengthen team bonds. I'm stuck with Hitchcock and Scully and they know nothing.

From: Jake ♥︎
Plus it's a nerd quiz and you're the biggest one I know.

You scoffed and were about to type out another message when the small bubble with '...' popped up in the bottom left hand of your screen.

From: Jake ♥︎
You were right by the way! Love you babe.
P.S. What's Darth Vader's most famous quote?

To: Jake ♥︎
You're lucky I love you, Jake!
P.S. That's another trick question. It's known to be "Luke, I am your father" but it's actually "No, I am your father."

From: Jake ♥︎
I know I am ;)

From: Jake ♥︎
That's not that big of a difference but imma go with it

You rolled your eyes at that and went back to watching the movie, keeping your phone in your hands so when it vibrated minutes later, you knew.

From: Jake ♥︎
Right again!

From: Jake ♥︎
I don't know why but all this nerd knowledge is really sexy on you.

You giggled and typed back your reply.

To: Jake ♥︎
Wow. Kinky.

From: Jake ♥︎
;) ;) ;)

You laughed again and once more, rolled your eyes.

From: Jake ♥︎
What was the Doctor's nickname at the 'Time Lord Academy'???

To: Jake ♥︎
Isn't this cheating?

From: Jake ♥︎
Maybe?

From: Jake ♥︎
Please?

From: Jake ♥︎
If you help me win this, I'll bring home your favourite dessert!

To: Jake ♥︎
You know, I would have done this for nothing but that desert sounds amazing right now so I'll take it.

To: Jake ♥︎
It's Theta Sigma by the way.

Going back to your movie, you pouted when you realised that you'd missed a small chunk but you carried on watching. It wasn't too long later that you'd settle to lying on the couch and your phone went off once more.

From: Jake ♥︎
There's a Walking Dead one babe, I've totally got this.

It was mere seconds later when you received the next text.

From: Jake ♥︎
Never mind I got it wrong.

From: Jake ♥︎
We're in a tie with Amy and Charles

From: Jake ♥︎
I refuse to let them win.

From: Jake ♥︎
I may love Charles but he's going down.

To: Jake ♥︎
I can't believe you're cheating on Charles with me.

From: Jake ♥︎
We can't let him find out

From: Jake ♥︎
You're my dirty little secret ;)

You burst into laughter when you saw that one, having to sit up so you could breathe properly.

From: Jake ♥︎
Too much?

To: Jake ♥︎
oHM Y GoD Just a bIT YEAH

From: Jake ♥︎
ANYWAY! New question!

From: Jake ♥︎
Who's Wade Wilson's love interest in the new Deadpool movie?

Your eyes widened and you bit your lip.

To: Jake ♥︎
Jake...

From: Jake ♥︎
What?

To: Jake ♥︎
I haven't seen it yet.

You and Jake were planning to see it together when it came out but he ended up having to postpone it because he had a case to work but you never went out to see it.

In the meeting room of the station, Jake's eye widened and he shouted, "What!?" Thus, drawing attention to himself and the phone he was holding in his lap.

Gina let out a gasp and tsked him. "Jakey, Jakey, Jakey. Are you hiding a phone?"

"Whaat?" He scoffed. "No, of course not."

"That would explain how he's winning!" Amy pointed out and Charles nodded feverishly from besides her.

"Yes." Holt mused, standing at the front with Terry by his side. "It does seem unlikely that Peralta would know about..." He trailed off and looked at one of the questions. "Wookies?"

"Well, Captain." Jake began. "That's where you're wrong. I pride myself on my knowledge of Wookie." Before the conversation could go any further, he felt his phone slip out of his hands.

Every looked up to see Gina holding his phone daintily between her fingers. She looked at the screen before looking down at Jake.

"My, my, what do we have here? Look at all these texts to (Y/N)..." She trailed off and then turned to the screen so everyone could see them. "They was feeding him the answers the whole time!" She cried, eliciting gasps from everyone in the room.

"No!" Jake scoffed, standing and taking the phone from Gina, pretending to look at before he sprinted off, wrenching the door open, shouting "Viva la revolution!" As he went. He quickly looked down at his phone and sent one final text before going to hide out in the bathrooms.

From: Jake ♥︎
THeY KNOw IT WASn'T mE GetTIng ThE ANsWERS RigHT ABoRT AbOrT

A/N:

I think I'm gonna upload a bunch tonight :)