Coca-Cola

I was running

I was running. I had overslept and was going to be late to class if I didn't run. I dashed in the door as soon as the bell rang. I sat in my seat, happy I made it on time. I got out my notebook, ready to take notes, but there was no heading on the board. I looked at it with a confused expression before Mr. Raducha called for attention. "Alright class. We have a new student today. Why don't you come in and introduce yourself?" A troll boy walked into the room and stood in front of the class. "Hello. My name's @d@shi Korvet." "Welcome to the class, Adashi. Why don't you go find a seat?" He walked around the room and sat right next to me. "Ah. Adashi, this is Pepsi. I think you two will like each other." "Pepsi? Th@t's your n@me?" "Yup! Well, it's more of a nickname. My real name's Maggie, but I kinda like Pepsi!" I said with a smile. He didn't smile back, he just gave me an irritated look. "Pepsi, please don't talk during a lesson." "Sorry!" I said, going back to taking notes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
During lunch period, I grabbed my tray and looked for a place to sit. I didn't see any open seats and was about to turn around when I heard someone shout my name. I looked over and saw Cronus waving at me to come and join them. I smiled and walked over. I sat down and said hi. "Where's Kankri?" "He stayed home today." "Oh. Ok." I nodded. "Have you met the new kid today?" I asked cheerfully, changing the subject. "Yeah, and he's pretty much your polar opposite." "Really?" I said with interest. "He avwoids evweryone, trolls and humans, and he doesn't talk much." "Well, he sits next to me in first period, and his name's Adashi. He seemed pretty nice. Where is he anyway?" I looked around the cafeteria and spotted him in the corner by himself. "I'm gonna go talk to him." "Go nuts, doll." I smiled and put my tray away. I skipped over to him and stood behind him. "Hiya, Adashi!" He jumped when I spoke. "Wh@t do you- oh. It's you." "Can I sit here?" "I guess." I smiled and sat next to him. "So whaddaya think of the school so far?" I asked happily. "It's ok, I guess." "What's your favorite thing about it so far?" "Don't h@ve a f@vorite." "Why not?" "I just don't." "So, have you made any friends yet?" "Mind your own business." He said irritably. "Gonna take that as a no, then. Hey! Can I be one of your friends?" He gave me the most irritated look I've ever seen. "If I s@y yes, will you go @w@y?" "Maaaaaaaybe." "Fine. Yes." "Yay!" I bounced up and ran back to where Cronus was sitting. "He said I could be one of his friends!" I almost shouted at him. "That's cool. Hey I wvas talking to a fewv other people and vwe think vwe came up with a nickname for him." "Really? What is it?" "Wvell, you knowv how I said he vwas your polar opposite?" "Yeah." "Vwe decided that his nickname is Coca-Cola, since it's the opposite of Pepsi." I started giggling and he smiled. "I like it!" We kept talking until the bell rang, and then we headed to our classes. I passed Adashi on the way there and told him about the nickname. "Wh@tever." He said before walking away. I looked back at him an sighed. He's such a grump! I'll make it my mission to get him to smile!