CHAPTER 2-THE LETTER

Start from the beginning

"So, guys how 'bout our band meeting on Saturday?" I ask while wiggling my eyebrows. Trying to distract me from conflict earlier.

"Yeah, about that," Pam said while rubbing her nape, "Um. . .I can't go. I have my training on that day. Sorry!" She finished and stopped eating
"Don't worry! We can have it on Sunday." I said trying to cheer her up
"Well, be there at my place before ten on Sunday. Tardiness is unacceptable." Alex said firmly before eating a spoonful of rice.
As we agreed, we continued to eat except for Polly who was studying for her Math test.

The bell rang to mark off lunch was over. We said our farewells and walked over to our classes.

Mr. Laurens was finishing up his theory until the bell cut him.I stood up from my seat and walked out to the hall. I was walking to the Math classroom where my last period subject would be. I stopped when I heard squeaking sneakers towards my way. Chad - one of the popular boys in the school - ran in front of me.

"What do you want now?" I asked annoyance evident in my voice
"Cover for me!" He pleaded
"Who do you think I am? Am I just-"
"You're that Pines' girl that hit Alanna." He said
"Yeah . . ." I said, trying to remember, "No." I finished. He looked to where he was before. I swear, I saw his face drain all the color. He ran away without a word
"Yeah! Run like a coward!" I shouted. He slowed down. "Shut up! You run for your life!" He screamed and continued to run. I chuckled and went back to my normal day.

I walked slowly to Math and the Principal was marching and looking for Chad. I walked past him and went into the classroom.

I sat where I normally sat at the back of the class where the only sunlight could be reached. The teacher entered the class and he started to discuss. I zoned out for a bit. Then, I fully blocked out the real world from my existence. After Math class, I went to my locker and fixed it, and grabbed my bag.

I went to the locker room and grabbed my Football equipment (yes, you heard me right). While we -Polly and I- changed into our uniforms. Coach called us out into the field.

After our practice game, the guys invited us to the Starcade. We ate until it was time to go.

I was walking home when I felt I was being watched. I looked behind me and saw a man with a cloak. It's near summer and he wears a cloak?

I heard his steps getting rushed. I follow him and quicken my pace. And as if by magic, he just appears in front of me. He grabs my hand and puts a crumpled piece of paper on it.

"Kid, take a look at this. Realize something and think about it. And I'll meet you next time." The man said and just disappeared.

I placed the paper in my pocket and continued to walk home but with more caution than before that cloak person came.

•~•~•

I ran up the stairs and got in my room and shut the door close with a loud bang!
I took out the paper and uncrumpled it.

It was an envelope. A very crumpled one. I shredded the envelope to pieces and was left with the remains of the envelope and a picture with a note.