FORTY-NINE→THE MISSION

HE TOOK A DEEP BREATH
closing his eyes; feeling his heart beat faster by the second. Feeling his palms feeling clammy. He wasn't sure if he was ready to tell Steve. However he knew it was too late to turn back. Looking out the window of the taxi, seeing many trees. Seeing the Avengers Tower was somewhere secluded─possibly for safety purposes. Bucky knew it wouldn't be the most romantic way to say 'I love you.', but it was worth a shot.

His phone continued to buzz, message after message came in as everyone in the group-chat talked about the most random things.

There was utter silence the whole drive there, no small talk with the taxi driver; which made him more nervous than before. Bucky ran his fingers through his hair. He knew his destination was getting closer and closer by the second. Oh how he felt like he was going to faint right on the spot. To keep his mind busy with something else, he plugged his earbuds in and went onto Pandora. The first song that popped was Coming Down by Halsey. He always seemed to find her voice soothing, make his worries fade aways, however, not this one. It made his shaking stop, but the sweat, heart beating fast, and negative ways this plan could go. It will be okay. Be positive. I love him─god how I love him.

He closed his eyes, remembering every detail on Steve's face, his smile, how perfect his hair is; even if it's not combed. The smell of his cologne.

Muffles, muffles where heard. He fluttered his eyes open, seeing the taxi man trying to tell him something. Bucky took of his earbuds to hear what the man said. "Mr., We're here."
He looked out, and the man was right; he was here. He looked to his left, out the window; seeing the large building. It was larger than expected. Seeing the large glass walls and all. "Thank you." Bucky had as he handed him the money, he stepped out of the cab. His breath hitched in his throat. This is happening.

He was having second thoughts, waiting for a better time to do this. He turned his heel to look towards the exit, debating wether to bail; raincheck on this plan. But before he could even get his thoughts flowing he heard a familiar voice. He knew there was no turning back when he heard that voice. A sigh left past his lips and turned around. "Hey." Bucky simply said. "Hey, man! My god, I've waited since 1864 for this shit to happen." Beamed Sam.

"I saw, from the group-chat."

"Stucky is finally going to suck dick." Sam exclaimed. Bucky just groaned and rolled his eyes at Sam's words. "We are not going to suck each others dick. Period."

Sam just hummed, "You say that now, but it's gonna happen." Sam nudged his friend teasingly. The two continued to walk, conversing amongst each other. They however, reached their destination. Right in front of them was the quinjet─and as well Tony, Natasha and as well Wade? Bucky knitted his brows in confusion.

Sam and Bucky finally reached the entrance of the quinjet. Bucky greeted Nat, Tony and then lastly Wade. Still in confusion, he began:
"Uh, weren't going to Peter's?" Bucky questioned. "Well, yeah, but I couldn't just go yet. I had to come and wish you luck on sucking Steve's dick. This so fucking huge, finally growing them balls and not staying a pussy wussy."  Wade casually said. From the background they all could hear Tony choke on his water. Bucky just coughed awkwardly, stiffening up from Wade's answer. From his right side he could see Sam and Natasha try and suppress their laughs. He looked towards his right side, a serious look was painted over his features. With that look, Sam and Natasha couldn't hold it any longer and their fit of laughters came bursting through the door. "Ha-ha, very funny you guys." Bucky said as he crossed his arms─Natasha didn't seem to be the mature one this moment now, does she? "Okay, well I'm out. Gonna go eat some pizza with Peter─my little boo." Wade said all excitedly. He said his goodbyes and hugs to everyone before heading off; however, as he took his last step off the quinjet─Sam yelled something, that defined him oh-so well.