Farkle's eyes immediately light up at my response. I laugh at his sudden weakness to the sound of her name. Even a fool could easily tell that Farkle was hopelessly in love with her. Now it appeared that I was the one smugly grinning at him.

"Wh-what are you two going to be doing?"

"Don't worry, Farkle. She's just helping me with homework. And that way, I can also ask her about Maya."

His bright face immediately drops as he rolls his eyes at me, obviously not too amused by my plan. I must admit, it was definitely a long shot in trying to get to know Maya, but I had to do something. There was only a small window of opportunity for me to get with Maya that was apparently closing very fast, considering that every single guy in the school also wanted to be with her. Therefore, Riley was most definitely the safest option. Farkle had even suggested I get to know Riley himself. Having an inside friend would not only guarantee my place with Maya, but also potentially help me gain a new friendship with Riley. There wasn't anything wrong with what I was doing. Who could blame a boy in love?

"Maybe you should invite her to Topanga's? It could be a group study session," Farkle suggested, eagerly widening his eyes at me.

I shrugged my shoulders, scrunching up my face in discontentment as I thought about Farkle's proposition. It was tempting, but I wouldn't be able to ask Riley questions about Maya if other people were there. Obviously catching on to my train of thought, he quickly added, "You can invite Maya."

Well that completely sold me. The corners of my mouth slightly twitched upwards. "Okay."

I saw her out of the corner of my eye. Her thick, long blonde hair perfectly bounced on the spot as she took small steps towards us. She had a tight fitted dress on, complimenting her thin waist and perfect fair skin and light blue eyes. Everything about her was so perfect. God, I couldn't stop staring. I was irrevocably hooked and she hadn't even done anything.

And then Riley appears from behind her. The same old Riley Matthews. Too damn klutzy for her own good. Nothing overly special about her nor interesting for me to continue staring any longer than I had to. Her eyes were of a usual brown colour, and the same shade in her long brown hair only made her more basic than ever. She was just too simple and plain. Which got me questioning how Farkle could ever be in love with someone as basic as Riley Matthews.

I turned to Farkle, raising an eyebrow as he continued to stare at Riley and Maya at the door. I subtly nudged his elbow, breaking him out of the apparent trance that he was currently in. "What do you see in her?" I breathed out slowly.

He tilted his head, narrowing his eyes tight as his brows instinctively furrowed together. "What do I see in who? Riley?"

I quietly laughed, lightly nodding at him.

He paused for a brief moment, thoughtfully chewing on his bottom lip as he blankly stared at me. If it took him that long to think of a reason why he liked Riley, well, he mustn't like her very much after all. He cleared his throat, lightly leaning his arm on the back of the couch. "Well ... What do you see in her?"

I knitted my brows tightly together, a nervous laughter escaping from my lips. "I'm not too sure what you mean," I replied, glancing back at Riley for a brief moment. "I mean ... she looks pretty average to me. Brown hair, brown eyes, light tanned skin, goofy smile. That's about almost every girl in New York."