Chapter 5 : Wake Me Up

Ava's POV

My eyes opened slowly, as I adjusted my view to the light. I rubbed my eyes and looked to my sides...

The room was vacated and all the beds had been made. I knew I was already late...

There had been no one to wake me up.

I quickly pulled on the red trench coat that I usually used to cover up my un matched clothing in case of emergencies. I quickly applied some Kohl and some concealer to hide the purple bags that found their way under my eyes.

And quickly grabbing at my books, I quickly rushed to my first class for which I was late.

It was Biology this time and I wished so much the teacher had been inspired by me and was late.

But as I got in, the teacher was surprised by seeing me late. She didn't scold me or anything, just pointed to the only vacated seat in the room.

And it was beside... Harry. He was looking at the chalkboard and failed to even notice me as I sat down beside him.

****

Over the days, I still used to hang out a little with my friends... not including Harry, he pulled off excuses to not be where I was until he had no choice.

Me and Luna were talking while the others(excluding Harry) sat soaking in the sun, saying it was one of the last few days for the weather to be like that.

"So you haven't still told me how you and the irish fella got together." I tried to get on.

Luna blushed, staring off into space as if she could see the movie playing. "Well... it was really sweet." She seemed to be trying to summarize an extremely long story.

"And..?"

"Uh... I was sitting in the library and he was passing notes." She paused. "Then he started compliments which made me laugh." She said dreamily. "And then he started to, so loudly that we got kicked out." She scrunched her nose.

"Woah."

"And then the next day he came up to me with flowers from the green house and asked me out." It was simple which she made so complicated, I'd thought.

"Luck you then." I smiled at her. "At least you've got people to love you. I don't." I said in a less enthusiastic tone, looking down to my crossed legs.

"I'm sure thats not true." She said lowly.

I didn't respond, after a which an awkward silence stretched.

"So did you see how Jamie Clayton was found speaking to a girl alone?" Jamie was the principal's son. I nodded at Luna's question as she smirked.

"And rumours have it that Mr. Clayton is stopping his daily privileges because of it." She started again as I twirled the dry grass in my fingers.

"Yeah, I did hear that. But what is the big deal about it anyway?" I picked at a twig.

"Its said that Principal Clayton does not want his son to get into a relationship just yet. So he is not allowed to speak to girls alone." She chuckled at the last part.

"Well... thats stupid." I mumbled silently but I knew she heard.

"Well... Yes, it is. I've heard that he thinks relationships gets students off studies." She sighed.

I just wanted to laugh alone at the thought..

"And last year Jamie tried to hook up with a girl but they both got caught and the poor girl got expelled." She really did feel sympathetic.