Chapter 4

The sun rose, fulfilling its duty of lightening up the whole world. As light rays fell on her face, Nandini opened her eyes dreamily. With a small smile, she tried to get up, but froze abruptly as something struck her mind. With shivering fingers, she looked under the blanket, only to see her naked body.

Events from last night flashed in front of her face and despite herself, red color crept onto her cheeks as she recalled their passionate night.

Quite suddenly it struck her that Manik was not there next to her. She slowly got up from the bed, her body paining and sore and wore her dress.

She was about to go out when Samaira and  Navya came rushing inside.
" Nandu why did you disappear suddenly? Did you come home by yourself last night?",
Sam bombarded her with questions.

"Ya we got so worried for you. We saw the message later and you didn't even pick up the phone. We relaxed only after you messaged us saying that you reached home.", navya ranted.

While the two of them were talking, Navya was lost in her own world. Everyone is present in the house which means that Manik has already left. The thought made her heart sink. Of Course! How stupid of her to even think that he will stay?

"Choti where are u lost?", Sam clicked her fingers in front of Nandini that brought her out of her thoughts.

"Ummm..actually i was feeling uncomfortable there, so just took a cab home. Guys i need to take a bath ok? Will see u both downstairs", Nandini said and without waiting for a reply, she pushed the two shocked souls outside.

It was only after she locked the door that the tears she had been holding back made their way out and streamed down her cheeks.

"Aiyyapa, maine kiya kya? I gave my everything to a stranger who wouldn't even care about whether i am alive or not. How could i be so stupid to have lost control over myself? He is just like all the others. Just want one think from all the girls.", Nandini cried to herself.

After 15 minutes, she stopped crying and walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower. As water trickled down her body, she remembered all the moments with him last night. How he kissed her, how perfectly their lips molded together. The way he touched her, as if she is made of glass and a little pressure might break her.

She remembered the moment he occupied her. The pain, pleasure and the sense of completion. How, afterwards he gathered the in his arms and kissed her forehead as if trying to tell her that he is with her.

Her skin burnt with the lingering touch of his, and no matter how much she wanted to regret the fact that she had given into the attraction too soon, she couldn't. She knew that there is no way that she can ever forget the passionate night with Manik.

Although she knew that it is never going to happen, her heart longed to see Manik again. Just once.

Nandini got ready and went downstairs where everyone else was waiting for her.
"Doll, the car was there. How did you reach home?", abhi, being her all time protective brother asked her.

"Bhai calm down, i did not want to apoil your fun so just took a cab home. Besides, i did message you as soon as i reached home.", Nandini replied.

"Ok fine. But we got so worried. Next time don't pull that stunt on us, ok?", Abhi said

"Hmmm", Nandini replied and started having her breakfast silently, which was unusual as usually, Nandini would be teasing navya and abhi about Cabir and Mukti.

"Nandu, why are u so quiet? Everything all right?" Neil asked.

"Yes Neil, i am alright. Just...", she trailed off as she realized that she was about to tell them that she is having body pain, which would make them even more worried.