MARCHING BAND

The four of us were piled into my car, our instrument cases and gallon jugs in our laps.

"Ugh what if the rookies are too soft and complain?" Tiphanie asked with a groan.

"Please, you drank milk for breakfast for 90° weather your first day." Celeste rolled her eyes.

"That... was a huge mistake on my part yes."

"What we need to worry about is their health and if any will pass out on us." I say as we pull into our parking spot. We had gone now through 2 years of marching band, getting better (mainly) after every rehersal, every game, and every show. Now that we were all section leaders, we could help at rookie camp together.

We walked into the bandroom and got our instruments from our cubbies, minus Emma, who brings her trumpet case with her everywhere.

*clap clap clap clap* Band.... ten, hut!!

The three of us, and the other section leaders all threw down our cases and snapped into attention.

"Alright guys, we are going outside. Section leaders, find a spot and line uo cases." Our band director, Mr. Gray spoke with a semi-serious tone, before cutting us off and letting us walk outside.

Once there, we split up and found our spots, Emma with the trumpets, Tiphanie with the flutes, and Celeste and I with the baritones (I was actual section leader, but Celese was trying out for drum major).

"Heyyyy guyyys!!" I wave around to the baritones as they set down cases and got out instruments.

"Heyyyya!" One of them snapped back.

"Enthusiasm. I like it." I snapped before shooting finger guns at the girl.

"Alright guys. Let me tell you. Today is gonna suck lemme tell ya. Like so bad that you're gonna want to fall down and stab yourse-"

"Violence..." I whispered.

"... so bad that you're gonna wanna cry. Like you can ask Serena-"

I nodded.  "I wanted to like drop my instrument and run."

"... you can ask Emma-" Celeste said loud enough for Emma to hear.

She turned with wide eyes. "Ask me what?"

".. how bad your first year sucks..."

"Oh, yeah, guys, I died a little bit." She spoke before turning back to her section and spilling the beans on how horrible it will be for first year marchers.

"..and you can ask TIPHANIE!" Celeste practically yelled.

Tiphanie didn't hear. She was doing a weird dubstep dance with her flute, hair flying everywhere.

"......... well...... she would've said the same but my point is...... it's for the better."

"YeaaaH look at these guns!!" I flexed my puffed biceps.

".... yyyeah so whatever you do, DONT BREAK!!"

The director called us in and we did stretch and conditioning, then got our instruments out and learned how to hold it.

"Alright guys, we're gonna call you to attention." Said Mr.Gray. "Band...ten hut!"

Everyone snapped to attention and we had to hold it.

"Section leaders, go check and fix your section."

We did as told and went and spot checked. We saw the rookies struggling, sweating, complaining, and breaking.

When someone in the flute section broke and shook out their arms, Tiphanie snapped into rage mode.

"HEYYYA!" She pointed. "GET YOUR FLUTE BACK UP AND NEVER... COME DOWN.. A-GAIIIINNNNA!" She walked up next to the person and yelled at the girl with wide eyes.

"Tiphanie pls. It's her first time holding up an instrument." Emma said with a sigh as a boy in her section dropped their trumpet.

"HEEEYEEYYEYEYYYAYAYA NO!" Emma yelled. "BACK UP NOW DONTCHA DARE!"

"I think we're scaring them." Celeste said as she looked around at the horrified still faces.

"Rest guys." Mr. Gray rolled his eyes and the instruments all went down.

"Heyyy not bad gu- WAAAASSP!" Tiphanie screamed on the top of her lungs.

Everyone froze and looked around, and sure enough, a giant red wasp was buzzing around.

"AAAAH NO SPARE MEEEE!! I WILL DIE GUYS GET IT AWAY!! I REPEAT I WILL HAVE TO GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM AND GET A SHOT IN MY BUTT IF IT STINGS ME!!"

Celeste sighed. "Well just stay still th-"

"AAAAAH!!" Emma ran in the opposite direction, past us and torwards the back of the school. The wasp followed of course, but as it passed it seemed to take more intrest in me.

"SERENA STAY STILL DONT MOVE." Celeste shouted.

I did as she said and froze in place and watched the wasp carefully land on my nose. Instinctively, of course, I flinched and swatted at it. The wasp did not like that. That little buggy bug sure dang stung me right on the bridge of my sniffer.

I screamed and ran.

Tiphanie and Celeste shrugged and ran too.

We jumped in the car and sat there.

"Serena. Your nose. It's big." Tiphanie gasped.

"It's always been that big." Emma shrugged.

"No. Like it's tomato big." Said Celeste.

I looked in my sidewiew mirror. Sure enough, it was huge. I shrugged.

"Oh yeah, and down by the feild, Mr. Robinson was sitting there practicing his thumb trick." Emma added.

There was a straight moment of pure, surprised silence, shortly followed by 5 minutes of ear-peircing screaming.

"Alright I want Zaxby's."

ArtemisSnowfall
YukiTaiga
NekoMyra