Old Friend's: Chapter 2

We go to the passage out. I don't want to summon Norneth close to our home if it is not an emergency. If people see her land near our home, they could go looking. And that can't happen. So we walk out and find a clearing and I summon her. My necklace glows and I hear wings flapping. I see a white,blue dragon. She lands in front of meI go and hug her neck.

Boy, she has grown. Norneth and I are the same age. It is the 20th today, So tomorrow, Nenth, Norneth and I turn 18 in human years for them and 270 in Elf years for me. I live by elf years because times flies by for me, like an elf. But I am still 18 in Human years. She  hugs me back."I missed you friend." I say, I am happy to see her. " Yes, We need to go out for a fly more often." She says and we both laugh. She calls me every 2 days and we go for a long fly. We catch up on things, and practice some tricks.

Caenir doesn't get our joke. I usually don't take anyone with me. I climb onto her back. She takes off. " Where are we going today?" " Caenir and I are going to Beorn's. Do you mind that you are taking us? I didn't want to travel by foot because,1. I have heard there are a lot of orc's down there right now. 2. It is faster and 3. I love flying with you."

The last part made her smile. " I am more than ok with it. I love flying with you as well. I don't really do anything much in my cave that is near you now. I just lye down and sleep. There is some treasure there from some trolls and I have claimed it with the cave. I have also heard about this. I think it is because Thorin Oakenshield and 12 other dwarfs or so are trying to get back the mountain. Good luck to them! Smaug was a good dragon when I was little. He told stories and such. But when his Warrior Elf died with the village, "She looked at me.

My head hung low. That was the worst day in my life. She then continued," He turned evil, full of darkness and hatred. Poor guy. All the other dragons that had Warrior Elves and lived from helping the village, died of sadness."

We are almost there. A few minutes later, She finds his house. It is still nightfall so, I know that he is shifted into his large bear right now. We land near his house." Thank you Norneth, I will call you when I need you, and Tomorrow for your exercise." She rubbs  her head on me.

I smile at her as she flies away. Caenir and I head inside Beorn's house.I take my hood of as soon as I am inside. He is not home, obviously if he is shifted. I think I should make him some breakfast for when he gets back.

He is older than he used to be ( I couldn't find his actual age so I made one up) he is now 47 but he can't go a half hour without food. That's why on special holidays, I would send him some fresh bread that I made, Cookies, he likes hazelnut chocolate chip cookies the best.

Sometimes I send him hot chocolate in winters because the winter here are really cold. I decide to make him some chocolate waffles that taste like brownies, orange juice, Scrambled eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and for dessert  a few batches of Hazelnut Chocolate chip cookies.

I start making the brownies, then put in the hash browns because they take a long time. Then I make the bacon, while doing the bacon, I do the orange juice. When I finish the juice the bacon is down and start on the eggs. I feed Caenir a piece of bread.

When everything is down, It is sunrise and Beorn will be home soon. I place everything but the cookies on the table.I wanted to hide the cookies and show him them later. I hear the door open and Beorn comes in. I walk over to him.

"It has been long, old friend." I hug him. He laughs and hugs me back." It has. I am sorry, but I thought you would be traveling by wolf or foot." " It is quite alright old friend, I made breakfast."

He cheers up when he hears that I have cooked something for him to eat. He lives alone, since he is the last Skin changers and I am the last of the Warrior Elves. We are the only ones on middle earth that shapeshift. That is how we became friends.

Beorn pets Caenir and he bites him. Beorn walks toward the dining table and looks at all the food I made for him and me. His eyes widen." Go ahead Beorn! I know how much you like my cooking and I was here early so I thought that I should cook some things for you, since we haven't seen each other in awhile." He thanks me and we sit down and start eating.

"I haven't had your chocolate waffles before, nor you scrambled eggs, hashbrowns or bacon. Wait that is all of it. I am going to eat them and try new things." "That's the spirit Beorn, So while we eat, how has it been down here?" He tries a little piece of eggs, it looks like he loves it and dumps some one his plate.

He does the same to all of them." It has been a good honey season, good flowers have sprang up this year. In my garden, thank you again for that by the way" I smile and blush. I thought that It would be useful since he doesn't get much vegetables."  There are some carrots, which are delicious, cucumber which are good with some salt, green onions which are also good in salt, peppers that are orange, yellow, red and green which are good on their own, and lettuce is good when you chop it up and put it in a bowl and put the rest in as well."

I laugh," That is called a salad. It is good with a balsamic dressing. I will send you some when I get back home.As well, When we are done I got a suprise for you." " What suprise." " It wouldn't be a suprise if I told you what it was. You would like it though. Oh, I forgot to ask how is Minty's hoof doing?"

Minty is one of Beorn's horses. They all look alike, but since I talk to animals, I learn their names that way and their personalities are different. Last time I was here, he was having pain in his hoof, so I checked is out in there was a big rock in his hoof and a splinter  near it. " Very well. It is not hurting him anymore and he is back to prancing around and showing off."

He chuckles to himself and I join in. We finish eating." Wait right here, I am going to get you your surprise." I go into the kitchen and check on the cookies. They are golden brown so they are perfect.

I take them out of the oven. They are really warm but they will be ok for eating. I put them on a plate and walk back to the dining room with the plate of cookies behind my back." Beorn, We have been long friends and I have learned a lot about you over the years and I got you something that you really like." He looks at me curiously and I  put the plate in front of him. His eyes widen in joy."

Thank you Lavaneth. You know how I love it when you cook, But your best is the Hazelnut chocolate chip cookies." He then eats them." I will cook for you while I am here as my thanks for inviting me over and for me to stay for a night or 2.."

"You can come over anytime and you don't have to cook for me, but I might ask you to anyways because It is so good." I smile."