Talk to Us

Karamatsu was given his space until everyone made their way back to the shore to dry off. You approached him cautiously. "Kara?" You asked quietly.

He turned. You almost laughed; he looked silly sitting in the sand with his blue towel wrapped around him like a burrito. But his expression kept you from even smiling. He still looked upset, but luckily it didn't look like he had been crying.

"Are you okay?" You asked, setting down your towel and sitting down in front of him.

He nodded slightly, his gaze flickering briefly back towards his brothers. He took in a huge breath and let it out, his body shuddering. You reached your hand out toward him and he slowly took it. You squeezed it reassuringly and smiled at him.

Reluctantly, he returned the smile. "I'm alright now," he assured you, squeezing your hand back.

The other five brothers slowly came toward him and formed a loose half circle. Osomatsu looked the most worried of all of them.

"Karamatsu, what's wrong?" The eldest asked.

Karamatsu said nothing, looking away. He still had a tight grip on your hand.

"Talk to us, nii-San," Choromatsu asked in a sad voice.

"Heh," Kara laughed, but this time it sounded spiteful and humorless. "I do talk. You guys never listen."

Nobody said anything and Karamatsu started to walk away, his hand sliding out of yours. "I'm going home," he mumbled. "I knew coming here was a terrible idea."

(Sorry it's so short and so late haha..)