A date?

Boop. Boop. Boop.

The checkout made a low beeping noise each time the bored-looking cashier scanned an item. Once you had paid and grabbed all of your bags you smiled at him and told him to have a good day. He replied with a monotonous "You too".

Luckily, the supermarket wasn't far from your apartment at all. You could carry all of your essential groceries from the store back home with not too much of a problem. You enjoyed walking, as well. It gave you plenty of time to think and enjoy the weather, although today's weather was less than satisfactory. It was an overcast day, and the sky looked like it had completely turned grey.

When you exited the elevator on your apartment floor, you wrestled your keys out of your back pocket and made your way to your door. Before you made it you gasped in surprise, nearly dropping the key.

Karamatsu sat against the wall next to your door, his legs tucked to his chest, held by his arms, and his face buried in his knees. He didn't seem to hear you approach, although your grocery bags were making quite a bit of noise. "Karamatsu?" You asked.

He looked up. He looked different. Not only was he wearing a leather jacket today, but he had ditched the colored contacts for now. His sunglasses were nowhere in sight. His face was slightly panicked, but most of all sad. "(Y/N). Remember a few days ago when you said I could talk to you whenever I... Whenever I needed to?" He asked, swallowing hard.

You dropped the grocery bags and stuffed the key back in your pocket, sitting on the floor near him. "Yeah. What's wrong?"

"I..." He trailed off, turning away and looking at his favorite spot on the wall. He was silent for a long time, deep in thought. His eyes got that same look, like he was about to cry. Suddenly he blinked and jerked slightly. His head snapped back toward you and he flashed a very big, very fake grin. "I wanted to ask you, my Karamatsu girl, on a date!"

You smiled and laughed a nervous laugh. "Oh, gosh, that's good. I thought you were going to say something bad for a minute."

Kara faltered but immediately reinforced the smile. "So, sunshine, is that a yes?"

Your smile stayed on your face. You mentally shrugged. There was definitely something you felt in your chest for the second matsuno brother, but you couldn't exactly pinpoint what it was. "Of course," you told him.

He flipped his hair, obviously happy you had accepted. "To tell you the truth, (Y/N), I think when I saw you again my old high school crush came back," Karamatsu told you smoothly, standing and taking your hand in his to help you up. Your face burned.

"Ah, really? That's cute..." You told him. He smirked at you before scooping up all of the grocery bags sitting on the floor. You thanked him and commented on how much of a gentleman he was, making his chest swell. You unlocked the door to the apartment and he brought the bags in and set them on the counter.

"So, what plans do you have for our date?" You asked.

Karamatsu turned toward you. "Heh. In regards to the date... I have no plans!" He said charismatically, striking a painful pose, which made you crack up.

The sky boomed loudly and raindrops began to fall against the window.

"Aw man, it's raining. Now we can't do anything fun..." You said, slumping a bit.

"Nonsense, sunshine!" Karamatsu assured you, grabbing your hand and lightly kissing the back of it. "As long as I am with you, anything we do will be perfect."

You rolled your eyes. "Gosh, you're so cheesy!" You told him with another laugh.

He took off his jacket and both of you discarded your shoes before climbing onto the couch. You flipped through the channels before deciding on some decent looking show.

Alas, it was hard to pay attention when he was right there. What he said about his crush coming back replayed in your mind. It was very close to what happened with you, and explained the feelings for him that suddenly sparked. While you were in your trance, Karamatsu slipped his arm around your shoulders. This surprised you and you tensed slightly.

"I'm sorry, am I making you uncomfortable?" Karamatsu asked, serious concern in his voice. He removed his arm from your shoulder but it still hovered just behind you.

"No, no, sorry, I was just thinking," you replied, smiling at him. To prove that you were fine with it, you leaned into him and snuggled into his chest. Now it was his turn to tense up. Neither of you said a thing though, and in a very short few seconds he was relaxed once again and put his hand back on your shoulder.

It wasn't long before he used his free and to stroke your hair. He marveled silently at its softness. You couldn't see him from your position but you knew, you just knew, he was smiling one of those real smiles.

You turned your head to look up at him and your eyes met. He was smiling; that bright, amazing smile. It was slightly goofy, but completely adorable, reminding you of a puppy. It was so different from the smile he usually had, the one that seemed forced. You smiled back.

"Wow," he said quietly. His breath brushed your face lightly. "You're so beautiful."

You felt your cheeks heat up. Before you could thank him, he leaned forward and connected your lips. You were surprised at the sudden move. He pulled away, his eyebrows kitted. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I couldn't help it I--"

"No," you said, cutting him off. "It's fine. Really."

He had an are you sure? Look on his face. You smiled again to reassure him, and he slowly leaned forward and kissed you again. This time he was more confident. You wrapped your arms around his neck to steady yourself.

The show the two of you had been watching was completely forgotten as the kissing and cuddling continued for several hours before both of you fell asleep on the couch, the last thing in your ears the sound of Karamatsu's steady breathing and of the soft raindrops hitting the roof and Windows.

(It's not over yet, not even close actually. I still have some angst I'm gonna throw out there.)