"Michael. I'm sorry. I didn't know.." I did know. I did this on purpose.. Why did I ever think that his heart was some kind of toy?

He turns from Casey's front door to look at me, "No, Hope. You did. You did know. Everyone knew." I don't say a single word. He's right and I have no excuse. I was so mad at him before I got into this stupid shiny car. Now I'm on the verge of tears as I close the car door to walk into the house. 

Michael was already inside with Casey and Luke. He looks like nothing happened. Casey comes over to me, noticing me first. Her eyes go from happy to worried with one glance. I'm not crying, but it's not hard to tell that I'm upset. I can't believe I didn't think about Michael. Ten years is long enough....I thought you care for me enough to know.. His words rang through my mind again. I don't deserve to cry, Michael does. I did him wrong, he didn't do anything but try to get my heart. 

"Hey, you okay?" she puts an arms on my shoulders to cover my upset face.

"Yeah! I just ran into the corner of the porch," I lie.

"Oh. I do that more than I should. It hurts like a bitch," she laughs and turns us around to walk over to Michael and Luke who haven't spoken yet.

"Whoa, you okay?" Luke says, putting his hands on both shoulders and stooping to look into my eyes. I nod.

"She just hit her side on the porch," Casey says. "A tiny bruise at worst. Don't be a baby," she laughs, causing me to laugh. She disappears down the stairs.

"You sure?" Luke looks at me again, unconvinced. I can't help but look over to Michael who is standing at the kitchen counter, watching the whole thing.

"Positive," I say looking down, away from him.

"I've got chick-flicks, scary ones, comedies, and some old timers. What do you guys want?" Casey chimes, returning with multiple movies in her hands. We all look at eachother, not wanting to pick one and have another disagree. "Okay, so pick a number one through ten."

"Seven," I say.

"Three," Michael says.

"Five," Luke says. 

"Michael wins. My number was three, but I was going to let him win anyways," she smiles and blushes a little. I will never get over her little crush on him. She's always been this way. Michael takes it as a compliment and pushes a smile to his face. It's not genuine and it's not hard to tell--for me at least.

"What's that one?" he points to one with a dark cover.

"This is..." she says turning the case around so she can read it, "The Butterfly Effect"

"We can watch that?"

"It's my favorite," she smiles. "Go get comfy. Last door on the left. I'm going to get sodas and some snacks," she says. We thank her and head down. 

I open the door. I haven't been in this room since they thought about re-doing it. It's really cool. They've got a big screen against the wall and a large couch, I think, layed in front. It's three, two-person chairs. They're lined up next to eachother, but slightly slanted to round around the room. The bright red is a cool contrast to the beige walls and black and white checkered floor. The walls have old records hanging on them.

I lead the way to the seats. I don't want to have to choose who I'm sitting by. If I sit by Luke, that would upset Michael further. If I sit by Michael, then Luke is at a stranger's house while his former date is sitting with her bestfriend. Well, maybe best friend. Michael may not even want me as a friend anymore. I choose to sit down in the middle with a seat next to me and right beside the next two seater. Michael avoids the spot next to me and sits further away than necessary. Luke fills the seat with a smile on his face. Glad that settles that.