(38) Extra Chapter: Was It A Dream?

Start from the beginning

                I pouted. “Why do you always think I’m trying to have sex with you?”

                “Because you are,” Brent responded simply.

                I giggled. “Well, maybe. But you don’t have to make it so obvious that you know.”

                “But you make it obvious,” Brent retorted.

                We met each other’s eyes and he held my gaze. For once, I was determined to be the last to look away. And I couldn’t do it. Those evergreen eyes were just too piercing.

                “I love you,” I said, but this time more shyly.

                Brent ran his fingers through my hair. “I know. And I love you too.”

                I grinned and pecked his lips. “But I love you more.”

                He grinned devilishly, chuckling heartily. “There’s no way.”

                “Yes there is,” he told me. “I just love you more naturally.”

                “All right,” I told him, not wanting to argue. “You love me more.”

                “That’s what I thought,” he said cockily, flicking my nose.

                I backed away from him, and wrapped myself in my covers. I waited a second before I heard Brent kicking off his shoes, and then there was his weight on the bed. I felt the blanket lift up, and his warmth was suddenly beside me.

                He put his arm around my neck and I nestled myself in the crook of his elbow. “I missed you,” I said.

                “I missed you too,” he told me.

                “Why didn’t you come?” I asked.

                “I did, but I couldn’t make myself knock on your door,” he said.

                “So why did you decide to come now?” I asked.

                “I knew you were sleeping, so maybe you wouldn’t remember this,” he answered.

                “Why wouldn’t you want me to remember this?” I asked, knitting my brows together in confusion.

                He stayed silent. For a while there was just the sound of our hearts beating, and our breaths mixing together. They were eventually the same pace, and I felt as if I was one with Brent. One person, one mind.