Chapter 5 [St Mungo's]

Severus, Vera and Jasper walked the corridor of St Mungo's. Dino said she would meet them and take them to Beth's room. She rounded the corner and smiled tiredly at her husband. She had stayed up all night holding her best friend while she cried for Max.

"Hey love" Severus embraced her in a small hug. He kissed her forehead gently and let her go. "Hey" she whispered.

She turned on her heel and led them to the room. "She's been crying most of the night. She misses him" she whispered to Severus who nodded. He wouldn't bring up Max.

"Vera sweetheart" Dino lowered herself down to Vera's height. Vera looked to Dino showing her she was listening. Vera didn't talk much. "Beth had the baby last night, would you like to meet your nephew??" She asked the small girl who nodded.

Dino opened the door and led them through to Beth's bed. She smiled softly as she noticed her friends were there. Beth patted a spot on the bed and Vera hopped up beside her.

Gently Beth placed Maximus in her arms so the young girl could hold her new nephew.

Severus watched Vera as she touched Maximus' nose. He opened his eyes slightly and smiled at her. It was as if it were Max. The baby held a caring smile toward the 11 year old. Severus smiled to himself.

Severus would protect his family. No matter what. He would die for them. Now that the Potters we're back, he could leave Voldemorts side. But it was all up to Albus. If Albus let him, he would leave.

"How are you feeling?" Severus asked the new Gryffindor mother. She looked tired and upset. But she was strong, Severus could admit to that.

"I'm fine, just tired" she answered. Beth laid back and closed her eyes. Severus took the infant and held him. He looked just like his father. Slowly he soothed the child to sleep.

Severus laid the newborn down in his bed and they all said goodbye to Beth who had almost fallen asleep.

The small family walked down the street, the same one they had walked down to Severus' parents house. They knocked on the door and Darius answered. Today was the day he was going home with them. He would be starting Hogwarts and needed things for school. Severus agreed to take Vera and Darius shopping at the same time to make it easier.

Darius let them through into the house. "Severus" Eileen greeted her son with a kiss on the cheek. He growled. He still was weary around his parents. "You father is in the living room, come along" the small family followed suit and soon found themselves in front of Tobias Snape in the living room.

"I'd like to introduce you to our kids" Severus spoke. Tobias switched the TV off and stood from his chair. Dino held Jasper in her arms. Severus wanted to be able to protect his family in case his father decided to hurt them.

"This is our son Jasper" Tobias looked at the small boy. He had black hair like all the Snape boys. He reached out to touch the boy but Severus pushed his hand away. "Don't touch him" Severus growled.

"I wasn't going to hurt him" Tobias growled getting close to Severus. He held his ground.

"I don't trust you" he hissed in his fathers face. He kept himself calm. Eileen broke them up and greeted her toddler nephew.

"And this is Vera" Severus spoke. "She's our daughter" Vera looked up to him. She had never been referred to as that. Her birth parents never told anyone about her. Severus gave her a warm smile and took her hand.

The day quickly passed and Severus had taken his family and his brother home. Tomorrow they would go to Diagon Alley to get books and robes for the school year.

Severus showed Darius around the house. Dino made some dinner for the kids and put them to bed. She plated some food and set the table for three people.

After dinner Severus showed Darius to his room he would stay in. Darius never spoke, Severus wondered why.

Half way through the night screams woke Severus from his sleep. They were not screams from Dino. She was still asleep. He grabbed his wand and quickly ran from his room to Vera's room.

He pushed her door open and sighed in relief. It was just a nightmare. He didn't want to think bad of his brother. But if Darius ever hurt his family, Severus would kill him.

Severus shook her gently. "Vera, sweetheart. Wake up" he called softly. Her eyes shot open and she jumped. As soon as she realised it was only him she relaxed a little. Severus smiled at her.

"Its ok, it was just a nightmare. You're safe" he pulled her to him and embraced her in a protective hug. Gently he rocked her.

"Why did you tell him I was your daughter?" The small girl questioned. She didn't look up at him. Severus ceased his rocking and pulled away a little. He tilted her chin so he could look into her eyes.

"No matter where you come from. No matter what you've been through. I will always protect you, we will always protect you. We love you. You are our daughter, it was our choice to love you" tears were forming in her eyes, she had never been told she was loved. Only by Max. In a sudden rush she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him. This was all new to her. She didn't have a family to care for her.

"You are part of this family, no matter what you do. Nothing you can do will change that" his words soothed her. He rocked her gently, she yawned and slowly drifted to sleep. He laid her down gently.

Severus crawled back into bed beside his wife and pulled her close. He kissed her gently and fell asleep.

I needed a bit of daddy-daughter bonding.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!! Tell your family!! Tell your friends!! Even tell Jo Rowling!!!!

Love you all!! Stay franktastic!!

Sevphias Out.