Pennies and Seashells

Everyone's getting ready for graduation. Spencer's been going far out of his way to find the perfect suit for prom. I didn't respect the decision that Spencer was bringing Chelsea to prom. "Come on Addison!" My brother was honking outside. I got into his car. We were headed to the mall. We picked up Dawson forcing me to sit in the back. "Ok, I need a suit." My brother walked up to the lady at Al's Suits. Me and Dawson wondered off in the store. "Addison Lynn, check this out." Dawson was standing by the makeup. "So?" I watched as he collected a bunch of small lipsticks and eye shadows from the clearance rack. We walked into a line. "Why are you buying these?" I looked up at him. He ignored my question and a cashier rang up our items. "Hi how are you doing." The cashier looked at me. "I'm ok." I replied without asking him how he was. Me and Dawson walked around the mall for a bit. "Ok I dare you to ask that women if she has two pennies on her. If you don't I get to put makeup on your face and you have to wear it around for a day." Dawson crossed his arms. "What?! No!" I yelled. "Ok I guess you rather wear horribly put on makeup." He slapped his lips together. "Fine!" I stormed off to the lady. "Hi, by any chance do you have two pennies?" The lady looked at me like I was insane. Thankfully after about twenty minutes of her fumbling around in her purse, she pulled out two deserted pennies. "Look." I showed off the dirty pennies. "Good! Now you dare me." He handed me the bag of makeup. "Dawson, I want you to kiss the ground." I pointed at a tile. "Well I guess makeup it is." He walked over to the clothing store. "Dawson kiss the ground. If you don't it means I win!" I explained. "Come in here with me." He stood in a dressing room. "No." I looked at him uncertain. "You act like we're going to make babies in here just come on." He crossed his arms. I looked around then stepped into the room with him. It was pretty big with a huge mirror on the wall. At first I started putting makeup on Dawson stretching my arms out so I wouldn't be too close. There were those spots I had to get close to see so every once in a while I'd get a little closer. Before I knew it Dawson was done and we were face to face. "Done." I backed up. "Perfect." He looked at himself in the mirror. "Let's get as many piercings as we can now and pass out." My eyes gleamed with childish excitement. "Enough for today." He stood his face a mixture of colors. I frowned and followed him. My brother was trying a suit on. "Dawson what happen?" He asked looked at Dawson's makeover. "Do you like the new me?" He blinked his eyes four times. "No, no stop playing this is serious! How do I look?" My brother spun in his new suit. "Like my face." Dawson turned around. "You look good." I gave my brother a thumbs up and he went back inside to change. Dawson walked to the check out to wait. I stayed by the fitting room. "Let's go." Spencer had his suit around his left arm. I followed him, after paying, to the car. "You know Chelsea doesn't care how you look." Dawson spoke up. It was hard to take him serious with clown makeup on. I giggled. "I just want to look nice." My brother kept his eyes on the road. "You sound like a chick!" Dawson looked at him. "Look who's talking! I'm not the one with makeup on." It got quiet after that. After we dropped off Dawson, Spencer started talking. "Chelsea really did change." He was parked in front of Dawson's house. I climbed over the glovebox and sat in the passengers seat. "Prove it." I said crossing my arms. "She's coming over for diner tonight, to meet mom." He smirked. I pulled my phone out. Sophia and I were becoming friends and every time I had a little drama to tell I'd text her.
*To Sophia* Chelsea is coming over for diner.
*Sophia* That sucks. You can come to my house if you want.
I put my phone away. We parked and got out. "What time is she coming?" My arms seemed to be glued to, crossed. "In two hours." He walked to the front door. I made a fake hand gun and put it under my chin. "I should invite Dawson." My arms went back to their original position. "Why? That's awkward, and kind of weird." Spencer grabbed a apple from the table. My mom lightly smack his hand. "You won't eat diner!" She mocked. "Yes I will mom." He put the bitten apple back. I went to my room. I reached up on my tiny toes to grab my shoe box. It was in the top of my closet and held four diary's, sea shells, and a broken bottle. I put the two pennies the woman gave me into it, then grabbed the diary's. The first one was pink. It had horrid written things in it. I got it as soon as I could write. I drew pictures of my mother, father, brother, and me. I don't remember much of him. This diary seemed almost all about him. I stopped writing in these diary a when Devon found a new man. The second diary was filled with things that were hard to read. Not because my writing was bad, but because it was all about how I killed Jacob Marshall. I shut the diary, and opened the last one.
Dear Diary,
Today I seen something I wish I hadn't. Devon is homosexual. I know it's selfish, but I wish he'd stay with me. It feels good having someone to talk to.
I just liked the company...
I closed the diary and looked at the broken bottle. I don't remember exactly what happen. My first diary described things as best a kid could about why and how my father broke it. Someone knocked at my door. I put the lid on the box. "Yeah?" I yelled at the door. "Chelsea's on her way lets go." My brother was on the other side. I put the shoe box back. I ran downstairs and sat at the table. My phone buzzed.
*Dawson* Is Chelsea there?
*To Dawson* Not yet. Why you miss her?
*Dawson* Hell no, I just don't want Spencer getting hurt.
*To Dawson* Who sounds like a chick now?
I let my phone buzz in my pocket as my brother opened the door for Chelsea. She was wearing a dark blue skirt. Her hair was curled to a perfect blonde tip. I waved fake Pom Pom's in the air. "Hi it's nice to meet you." My mom wiped her hands on her apron and shook Chelsea's hand. "Nice to meet you too." Chelsea smiled. I threw up in my mouth. We started eating diner it was more awkward than it would be with Dawson here, especially with Spencer and Chelsea kissing every second. I looked down at my phone.
*Dawson* I look after him like I do you, you guys are both my friends.
I put my phone away and smirked. The rest of the night I didn't finish diner. Chelsea left after a while.