10. Return Of The Cow

Start from the beginning

Later that day, you, Kakashi and Sakura make your way to where the boys are still training in the forest, except when you get there, they're nowhere to be seen. They're in the trees, I can sense them.

"Naruto!" Sakura calls out. "He could be anywhere." She mutters.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that," you mutter.

Just then, a kunai is launched at the three of you and lands right in front of you, causing you all to look up. You see Naruto grinning like a maniac while laying on a high branch.

"Naruto can climb that high now using his chakra? That's great!" Sakura says, stunned.

"I'm not surprised," you say with a smile, causing Naruto to blush at your statement.

"What do you think? High enough for you guys? I mean, it's a long way down," he cheers while standing up on his feet. Just then, he 'loses his balance' causing Sakura to scream and Kakashi's eye to widen. You, however, are calm, knowing the trick he has probably planned.

"Just kidding!" Naruto says as he regains his footing hanging upside down. "You guys really fell for it." He starts laughing, you laugh along with him.

"Good one, Naruto!" You giggle. Ha, fell for it.

"We were worried about you Naruto!" Sakura yells, mentally freaking out.

"Why do I think this is going to end badly?" Kakashi asks no one in particular.

"Don't worry, you've forgotten there's one more of us," you state calmly as Naruto really loses his footing for real this time.

"He just had to push it, didn't you, show off!" Sakura exclaims, you smirk as you hear footsteps running up a tree and see Sasuke catch Naruto upside down by his ankle.

"You really are a loser, Naruto," he bluntly states.

"Huh, Sasuke?" Naruto looks up at him as Sakura begins to fangirl over Sasuke. You tch.

The three of you head back to the house, leaving the two boys to continue with their training. A few hours pass and you're all now sitting down for dinner.

"Now they're both late, I wouldn't have expected that from Sasuke," Sakura states. You just smile.

"Don't worry about it, they're back," you say just as the door opens, revealing two very beat up looking boys, supporting each other.

"What have you been up to? You look like something the cat dragged in," Tazuna says.

"We both made it. We climbed all the way to the top," Naruto says with a smirk on his face.

"That's great you guys!" You cheer, giving them both a kind smile.

"Good," Kakashi says. "Now we move on. Starting tomorrow, you're both bodyguards for Tazuna."

"Alright!" Naruto cheers while fist pumping the air, causing him and Sasuke to fall backwards.

"Tch, you are such a loser!" Sasuke complains. Everyone laughs.

~Time Skip~

"In a few more days, the bridge will be finished. I have you to thank for that," Tazuna says after dinner is finished.

"You've all done great, but you still have got to be careful," Tsunami interjects.

"I've been meaning to ask you this, but I haven't had the chance until now. Why did you stay to protect me after you knew I lied to bring you here?" Tazuna asks.