Chapter 8: Pass, Fail

Začít od začátku

She's strong too. She keeps going for critical strikes, I think she's forgotten about the bells altogether. She just wants to kill. Yukana got close to Kakashi once more with her mouth wide open. Kakashi dodged just in time to hear her teeth snap right by his neck. She's completely out of control! That's it, I'm ending this. Kakashi grappled her on her next strike and held her off the ground so she couldn't move. She continued her roaring screams and he threw her into the lake.

"Raaw-eeeeeek!" Yukana's roar turned into a genuine scream of surprise as she fell into the water. She splashed and splashed while screaming at the top of her lungs as if she fell into a bonfire. Her eyes were wide with fear as she tried to scramble to shore.

Oh yeah, didn't she say something about hating water? Kakashi scratched the back of his head.

Father, where are you? I can't sense you Father, I need your help. Yukana tried to call out to the Reaper who would have been here by now if she was close to death. Yukana continued to flail her limbs until her toe touched solid ground beneath the lake. She reached it and eventually was close enough to shore to stand and she ran out of the water as if it was burning acid. Panting and tired, she moved away as fast as she could, which wasn't much faster than a slow jog. Something grabbed her from behind and she let out another scream.

"Yukana! Calm down." Kakashi said in her ear as he bear hugged her to stay still. The girl continued to hyperventilate and shake from fear. The terrified look on her face didn't fade as tears pricked her eyes. "I'm sorry, I didn't know how much you were scared of water. I won't do that again."

Yukana buried her face into his chest, shaking. "I hate it, I hate it!" She cried out. "I've never felt fear before coming here. He would always get me out of certain death, but he's not here!" Yukana started to cry. Kakashi got the gist of her story from the Hokage, but didn't know any of the details of what she had to go through.

Yukana heard the sound of a squirrel in a nearby tree. Longing for something familiar, she pushed out of her sensei's grasp and bolted up the trunk.

Kakashi watched the girl curiously as she launched herself to a branch where a squirrel was. Yukana grabbed at the small creature before it could run away and landed back on the ground. The helpless squirrel screeched and suddenly, Yukana ripped open the living squirrel's hide and sunk her teeth into its hot flesh. Kakashi would have stopped her, but he was glued to his spot. He didn't know how to react to the scene that played out in front of him. Yukana ate up the living squirrel until there was only skin and bones left. The Jonin's eye widened in disbelief as she merely wiped her mouth on her white sleeve and sat down in front of her kill and was finally calm.

Yukana smiled at the familiarity of eating what you kill. Off in the distance, the sound of the alarm clock rang.

Kakashi didn't move for a second, not sure weather to leave Yukana to return on her own, or bring her with. "Let's go, Yukana. Time's up." the bloodied girl stood up, but her legs started to wobble from lack of energy. Kakashi quickly helped steady her and lifted the still drenched Genin up onto his back and carried her back to the rendezvous point.

The three other Genin were already there with none other than Naruto, tied to a post. They watched as their sensei came back, carrying a wet and bloody Yukana. They all looked with curious eyes as he set her down in front of Naruto, between the Uchiha and Haruno. They stared at the strange condition she was in. Water dripped off her hair and blood spotted her hands and neck. It looked like she tried to wipe most of it off on her sleeve and the girl's eyes were blank and void of emotion.

What happened? Sakura thought with wide eyes.

What did she and Kakashi sensei get into?" Sasuke wondered. Suddenly, three of the four stomachs growled, catching Kakashi's attention.