xl. | casualty of war

Start from the beginning

"Damn, Wilson, you glow really bright," Dean said. "I'm not gonna be able to drive with you in the back. It's distracting."

"Sorry, Winchester. I can't help how much I glow from beauty," Emery said sarcastically, shaking her head. She then looked at Bobby, nodding, telling him that she'd be riding with him.

After stashing the cop car in some bush, camouflaging it with some tree branches and leaves,  Sam had spiked up the conversation as to how Dean had knew and it was obviously because he was about to get killed by hellhounds. That his soul had a year in it and the timer was just about to go ding and there was a line of people ready to get it.

When the car was camouflaged, Emery looked at the other three, her eyes landing on Dean's form. She quickly walked up to him as he announced that they should go and grabbed his shoulder, waiting for the other two boys to go.

"Emery, what's wrong?" Dean asked, his eyes squinting again as he looked at her. She rolled her eyes, before grabbing his face and pulling his lips to hers. The kiss was rough, sloppy, passionate. It was Emery putting all of her emotion into it so that she could just feel nothing about this. She knew it wouldn't work, but she could try.

Dean kissed her back just as sloppily, his hands squeezing her hips and bringing her closer. Emery's arms snaked around Dean's neck, trying to get even closer to him without actually taking off any clothes article.

"Come on, you two! We don't have time for your quicky in the woods!" Emery heard Sam shout and pulled away, a sad smile on her face. Dean rested his forehead against her's, a sad smile that matched her's on his face.

"I love you, Wilson," Dean whispered. Their own little secret.

"I love you too, Winchester," Emery said, before she gave his kiss swollen lips a chaste one and letting go of him, walking to Bobby's car.

☪✡

Emery was taken aback slightly when she heard that Lilith had taken over the little girl's body. Though, she saw it when the terrified mother placed a piece of cake in front of her, a fake smile on her face. Sam was the one that wanted to rush in as Dean and Emery stayed staring at the little girl and Bobby turned to Dean.

"Wait," Dean said, grabbing a hold of Sam's jacket.

"For what? Her to kill the rest of them?" Sam asked and Emery's eyes focused on the dead old man who's face was in some pie.

"Yeah and that's two if we aren't careful," Dean said, authority in his voice. It was obvious he didn't want anyone to die. Dean never did, but if they rushed in there, it would likely result in more deaths. A lot more. And Dean's would probably be one of them. "Look, the real go getter mail man on the clock at nine p.m. And Mr. Rogers over there."

"Demons?" Bobby asked, but Emery knew the answer. Every person in this suburban area was a demon except for the family that was taking care of Lilith.

"Yes."

"Okay, fine," Sam started, obviously thinking of a plan on the spot. "We ninja pass those guys and sneak in."

"And give a Columbian neck tie to a ten year old girl? Come on!"

"Look, Dean, I know it's awful-"

"You think!"

"-but this isn't just about saving you, Dean. This is about saving everybody."