Chapter Two

"Wakey wakey Stormy!" a mischievous and cheerful voice filled Storm's ear. She blinked open one of her turquoise eyes.

"What, Lilypaw?" Storm muttered, her voice filled with drowsiness. Lilypaw was bouncing from paw to paw.

"Clearspirit said I could finally go to the Moonpool!" she chanted excitedly. Storm's ears perked in joy for the apprentice.

"Congratulations!" Storm purred. Lilypaw had been unable to go to the Moonpool for the three moons Storm had been in ThunderClan. Storm felt happy for the young apprentice, even though she was full of energy she seemed to be a good learner. Storm would often watch Clearspirit teach Lilypaw about medicine herbs and she had learned that Lilypaw would never second guess herself, even if her answer was wrong. Storm had even picked up some herbs and their uses; dock for wounds, cobwebs to stop bleeding, juniper berries for bellyaches, honey for sore throats, marigold to keep infection out of wounds, poppy seeds for pain.

"Yes, I know!" Lilypaw mewed, bringing Storm out of her web of thoughts. "I'm finally going to be able to dream with StarClan!"

"Have fun!" Storm grinned. Clearspirit emerged from the herb storage.

"Are you sure you're going to be alright? I can keep Lilypaw here for another half moon," Clearspirit pestered. Storm gave him a smile.

"Of course I'll be alright," she purred.

"Well, alright," Clearspirit sighed with uncertainty. "If you need anything, send a cat for me and I'll be right back."

"I'll be fine, Clearspirit," Storm repeated patiently. She had learned overtime that Clearspirit was very concerned when it came to injured cats. A moon ago, an apprentice named Coalpaw had come in with a stick lodged in his pad and Clearspirit had took him off of his duties for the rest of the day to make sure the wound would heal fine. It took a day and a half before Clearspirit would finally let him go, his pad as good as new.

"Okay. Lilypaw, eat some of these traveling herbs," Clearspirit pushed the herbs toward his apprentice. Storm watched the apprentice lap the herbs up before her face twisted in disgust.

"Ick!" she protested. She paused for a moment to smack her lips. "Huh. Did you add something else?"

"Yes. Mint helps with the flavor," he replied. Lilypaw paused for another moment before nodding vigorously.

Storm rose to her paws, shaking out her feathery brown tabby fur. She brought one of her cream colored paws to her face, licking her paw before running it down her face.

"I'm heading outside for some air," she announced to the medicine cats. Storm passed out of the den before they could reply.

Sun bathed Storm's fur, causing her to smile. She sat in a sunny patch of ground while she watched warriors work around the camp. A hunting patrol padded through the thorn barrier. A dark ginger tom, who was leading the patrol, spoke quietly to the pale golden tom who stared Storm down in the medicine den before padding over in her direction. She flicked her tail tip in greeting.

"How are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm doing fine," Storm replied politely.

"My names Foxspots, what's yours?"

"Storm."

"Nice to meet you," he meowed, his green eyes shining. Storm smiled and nodded back.

"So, what position in the Clan do you have?" Storm inquired, attempting to start conversation.

"I'm a proud senior warrior," he replied. He let out a snort of laughter as he added: "Although, I'm not that much of a senior." Storm let out some laughter. The two sat in awkward silence for a moment before hunting came to Storm's mind.