Chapter 9

9.

"Chin up!" Fiona said, she was my runway coach. It was 9 pm and I landed two hours ago. I hadn't got to see much of Paris. I had an hour to rest and then lessons. Then I'd have to sleep and have an early start. I was exhausted. Tomorrow would be my Vara Wang meeting and official photo shoot. I was nervous.

"Focus my dear! Keep that chin up!" she yelled over the music. I tried to focus but I was just too darn sleepy.

After walking the runway for what felt like forever, Fiona let me go back to my hotel room.

My room was a single room suite. It had the view of the Eiffel Tower. It was beautiful. The skyline was beautiful. I sat at the balcony with a cup of tea, enjoying what I could.

"having fun yet?" I jumped, as a male voice spoke. I glanced to the balcony next to mine. It was dark.

"sorry to scare you. It's me Marcum" Marcum emerged from the shadows. His brown hair neatly back combed. He leaned on the balcony rail, facing me.

"it's alright. What are you up to?" I said, leaning back in my chair.

"just enjoying the view. So excited for the shoot tomorrow?" he smiled.

"yep." I lied. I was more nervous.

"as am I. I can't wait to shoot with you" he smiled.

"we're shooting together?" I asked in disbelief. I didn't even know.

"yes for a couple of the ads but you and I have separate shoots as well." he said. "it's for his and her perfume." he added.

I sighed. "very well then."

"yep. Well I'll see you tomorrow at the meeting." he smiled and went into his room.

I groaned and went in my room as well. I let out a big yawn and headed to bed. I had a very long day tomorrow.

I woke up to the Sound of knocking on my door. I groaned and quickly went to answer it.

"well, may I say you look splendid" Marcum chuckled. I was still way too sleepy to care how I looked. I checked the time and it was 6am.

"what are you doing here" I grumbled. I had only gotten a few hours sleep.

"grouchy aren't we?" he chuckled.

I began to close the door, but his foot stopped it. I was annoyed at the moment.

"what do you need?" I growled. I seriously wasn't in the mood. Linsey knew how I got when I didn't get sleep.

"I was ordered to escort you to the shoot. So hurry and get dressed, or you could go like that if you wish." He smiled and leaned against the door frame. I groaned and opened the door wider.

"give me ten minutes." I said and headed to the bathroom to freshen up.

"Well, this is nice." Marcum said as he held me close to him, his right arm around my waist, his left pretending to move a fly away hair. His face inches from mine. I scowled. I was still a little grouchy from the lack of sleep.

"you know, you should enjoy this." he whispered.

"why would I enjoy this" I wanted to roll my eyes.

"not this, I mean Paris. It isn't good to be a grouch." he smiled. We changed positions.

"I'm only grouchy if I don't get sleep." I said.

The photographer let us go. He said he had what he needed.

"Let me take you out sometime, you know outside of work." Marcum said as we walked to the changing rooms. My eyes widened.