Handcuffed to Zander

Start from the beginning

But he laughed and I was deeply confused.

"Hey don't worry about it, it's fine. Things happen and there's always a next time."

My heart squeezed by his grin, as I smiled at him back. He seemed to remember something as he laughed, rubbing his hand behind his neck.

"Besides, you never did give me your address."

Oh my god.

Guffawing at our embarrassment, my cheeks reddened, a lazy smile falling on him.

"I'm bad at this aren't I?"

He seemed to think it over as he shrugged lightly.

"Yeah."

Glaring at him playfully, I made a move to walk away but he seemed to be one step ahead of me as he grabbed my arms, pulling me towards him into his chest.

"But since I'm also not an expert on this. Why don't we be bad at this together?"

I hummed in approval, as I gazed over at his eyes, my heart thumping erratically.

"Hey, isn't that Zander's hoodie?"

And there goes my heart dropping. Not in a good way.

Forgetting about the green hoodie clad onto my body at the moment, my heart began racing as I quickly protested nervously.

"No! Uh- it's my dad's? Yeah it's my dad's."

My overdramatic false smile made him give me an unsure look as he examined the green hoodie once again.

"Are you sure because -"

"Yeah, hey I got to go."

Jabbing my thumb over my shoulder towards the library, I chuckled nervously.

"This homework isn't going to finish by itself."

Pulling myself away from him, I quickly ran inside the library, muttering a quick,

"Bye!"

Sighing in relief at the calmness of the room, I made my way towards the many tables, plotting myself down in the back row, isolating myself from the very few people that were in here.

Dragging my bag on the table with a thump, I started zipping it open, taking out one of the many math assignments that laid unfinished.

Okay Aria, lets kill ourselves with boredom.

"No! You can't do this to me."

Yelping quietly, I looked up quickly, noticing no one at all.

Who the heck was that?

Cursing was then heard as I turned around, noticing a body pacing in the science fiction section.

They seemed to be in distraught by the curse words pouring out of their mouth every few seconds.

Finding myself out of my seat, I made my way towards them, curiosity getting the best of me.

Making sure to be out of their sight, I made my way over to the next section, looking into a hole made by a missing book on the shelf.

My eyebrows furrowed as I witnessed Dylan talking on the phone, his expression angered as he pulled at his hair.

What was he doing here?

"I did everything you asked me to!"

My heart thumped erratically as I leaned in closer.

"You don't understand. I -"

He seemed to be interrupted as he listened intently on the other line, his jaw clenching slowly.

"Yes I know everybody is starting to get suspicious! I'm fucken ignoring Aria for crying out loud!"

At the mention of my name my eyes widened.

Suspicious? Why was he worried of people getting suspicious?

He paused for a second, closing his eyes before opening them again, a groan flying out of him.

"Just please, don't do this. I'll figure something out, just please don't."

His back faced me now, his arm bent on a shelf as his head rested on it, his shoulders tensed.

The other person on the line seemed to be talking as he nodded his head ever so gently, mumbles of agreement shooting out his mouth once in a while before he hanged up the phone with a sigh.

I watched him silently as he kicked the row of books fiercely, walking away fast out of the library.

I backed myself away, biting my lip nervously. My head was working a mind of its own as I replayed the odd phone call in my head.

What have you done Dylan?