20. Trigger My Nightmare

Start from the beginning

"Where's the cookies?" Vic asked as Alex brought him a drink from the back.

"Calm down," I laugh.

I walk to the back where I had a plate saved for him, I took them back to the table he was sitting at with Danielle and placed it in front of him, "Here, now you can stop being a baby."

"This is all I want in life." He mutters as he looks down at the plate.

"You better share those." Danielle says as I shake my head and walk away.

I heard the bells on the door ring again and turned my attention to whoever was walking in, it was one of Lisa and I's old customers Mrs. Yolanda.

"Mrs. Yolanda!" I exclaim walking over to her with a smile.

"Arianna, oh my goodness you've changed so much!" She says running her fingers through my now short hair."

"I know." I laugh.

I lean down to give her a tight hug then watch as Daniel, Lisa's son walks in. He looked around for a second until his eyes landed on mine.

"Daniel!" I say, letting Mrs. Yolanda know to order anything on the menu and enjoy herself.

I run up to him and pull him into a very tight hug, the last time I saw him was at Lisa's funeral. We had spoken on occasion but mostly lost touch, I felt terrible about it all but when I decided to reopen the bakery I called and invited him to the opening.

"Wow, look at this place Ari, it's amazing." He says in awe.

"Thank you." I smile.

"My mom would be so proud of you; she'd love this place."

I walked with him to the counter and spoke with him for a few minutes before having to greet others that walked in.

Jaime was right, the bakery was packed with people, from family and friends, to old customers and new ones was were anticipating the opening since they saw the 'Coming Soon' sign.

By the end of the day I was completely tired from all the baking I did once we started to run low on a few things, I have never baked so fast in my life, but today was the ultimate challenge and I'd like to think I did a pretty good job.

I turned off the open sign and walked out with Jaime and Lilah, I had sent everyone else home about an hour ago while Jaime and I counted today's profits and made a deposit slip, you know, grown up stuff.

Once we got home I quickly threw myself on our bed, feeling Jaime lie down next to me with Lilah who was quick to start playing with my hair.

"Are you hungry Betty Crocker?" Jaime asks with a smile.

I side glare at him then stick out my bottom lip in a pout, "Yes."

"We'll I have a surprise, so get you and Lilah in bathing suit and pack the towels." He instructs, getting up then leaving the room.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion but shrug and go along with his plan, I raid my dresser drawers for a bathing suit and throw it on the bed, deciding to go and change Lilah first.

I walk past the kitchen, where Jaime was pulling things out of the refrigerator, and went straight for Lilah's room to dig through her drawers for her bathing suit.

I had at least three swim suits but settled for her Minnie Mouse suit, it was red with white polka dots and a shear white tutu, Minnie Mouse was on the front smiling. Lilah loves Mikey Minnie Mouse, just like her father.

I turn to where she's lying on her changing table and undress her, replacing her shorts and shirt for her swim suit which she loved, I then grabbed one of her white beach hats that Danielle bought her and placed it on her head along with her red sunglasses.