Chapter 5 - Anything Is Possible

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I guess you're right." He said as we turned the street corner and into our neighbourhood.

Nathan is actually an alright guy. He was extremely hard to get along with at first, but i'm just glad we moved past that.

I hope he doesn't end up like all the other guys.

"I feel like you still don't trust me." Nathan said suddenly.

"Don't trust you? I don't understand." I said, confused.

"You don't trust me fully. Do you think i'm gonna blow up at you again?" He asked, sounding a bit hurt.

"No! I usually have trouble trusting guys. Some of them are such pussies." I shook my head.

"Not all guys are." He said.

"Most of the one's I've met have been."

"So, am I?"

"You want me to tell the truth, right?"

"No, I want you to lie to me." He rolled his eyes.

"Well okay you sarcastic dickwad." I laughed and pushed him.

He laughed and pushed me back.

"No, but seriously. Am I really that mean?" He asked once he was done.

"No, no. You're not. You were to begin with, but you're nice now." I said.

He smiled. "Thanks."

There was that smile again.

I looked into his eyes. They were such a  pretty green in the grey daytime. I looked at his lips. They were such a soft pink, and they looked soft.

I wonder what it would be like to kiss him...

Stop it Skye!

I have got to stop. I don't even know Nathan all that well yet and i'm finding myself falling for him?!

This should not be happening. I've never fell for someone this quick, and I guess Mother Nature thought that this had to be the first time I fell for someone quickly.

-

We walked and talked some more until we made it home.

"Well, this is my home." I stood awkwardly.

"Alright. I'll see you later then?" Nathan smiled.

"Yeah." I smiled back.

We said our goodbyes, and I went inside.

Thank god today is Friday, because I'm exhausted and I really need to rest.

Nathan's POV

I'm starting to like Skye. She's pretty cool. I wonder if she likes me.

I didn't read her thoughts while we were walking except for when I called her pretty because, when I first meet people I don't do that.

I get to know them and then I get in their heads.

It's odd, isn't it? 

But I really do wonder if she likes me. 

Not that I care or anything. I'm just considering possibilities.

I got inside my house, and I put my stuff down. I turned to go back out. 

I'm about to go get some dinner.

-

I was walking in the woods behind my house, taking a shortcut to a trail I always take where I find humans to feed off of.